Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Eileen Hull's New House Ornament Die by Sizzix

Hi friends!  Today I want to  show you another way to use Eileen Hull Designs new House Ornament Die by Sizzix.  This die has so many uses besides being an ornament.  I've used it to make spooky Halloween treat boxes.  Aren't they just the cutest?  They are filled with chocolates and a surprise for my scrappy bff's!  (Hmm, wonder how many of my bff's will see this blog post?!)



Tutorial:

These are really quick and easy to make, especially if you make them from design paper rather than mat board that is paper covered, painted, stamped and/or inked.  I selected some fun Halloween 
12 x 12 papers and cut in half so that the paper was 6" x 12".  Then I just ran the paper through my die cutting machine (I have a Vagabond).  The trick to using paper with these dies is to use a crease pad in place of one cutting pad.  If you use the regular sandwich like when you are cutting a mat board design, more than likely the paper will cut through where the creases should be.  Using the crease pad will cut the paper and add crease lines where they should be!

You need to cut two pieces with the House Ornament die, then apply Eileen's Red Liner Tape to the small flaps on the left.  Join the two pieces together as shown in the 2nd photo below.




Then fold into a box shape with the other tab inside the box, press to secure the tape to the house side wall.  You have two flaps on the bottom, cut one off and secure the other with the tab inside the box.



Next, let's give those windows some definition 'cause they are not so visible.  Eileen's House/Pocket Stitchlits just happens to have a window frame that fits these windows perfectly.  Cut two window frames and adhere to the outside over the window cutouts.  I love how Eileen's dies work together!




That's all there is for the basic assembly of the box.  BUT now we have to gussy it up!  Add some flowers and ribbons at the top.  On the sides you can add stickers or whatever you like. 

The House Ornament die also cuts a small house so I used that to create a door. I just cut the top off to take off the point, you can see my door on the house below on the right.


I also wanted to add some tags to my boxes. so I used the adorable little house that comes with this die to make a cute little tag.  AND because in my world, more is better,  I added a small circle tag that I cut with Eileen's Credit Card Sleeve and Tags die set.  





Eileen Hull Designs Dies by Sizzix Used:


Thanks for joining me today.
Maggi xxoxo

5 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Love the tip on making a door from the house tag with this set. Thanks for sharing! Going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Thanks for the inspirations, as I have ordered this die just yesterday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...