Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Lost in Paradise Mini Using the Pocket Notebook by Eileen Hull Designs

The New Pocket Notebook Die by Eileen Hull Designs for Sizzix

Have you seen Eileen Hull's newest die, The Pocket Notebook?  I love it and it works so well for making mini albums and/or journals.  It measures 4.25" x 6.75" and can be as much as 2" thick.



I used Graphic 45's Lost in Paradise collection to make a mini using the Pocket Notebook XL die. I'm going to Hawaii next spring and I'll fill this book with photos and memories!

Another great thing about this die is that it not only cuts the cover for you, but it will also cut a folded page and a pen holder for you.  I love that!!

I recorded a flip through video so you can see each of the pages inside and I'll also tell you about my closure.


Notes on how I make my covers

To make my covers, I always apply paper to my mat or chipboard first.  I apply an adhesive sheet first to the paper and then adhere the paper to the board and I apply paper to both sides.  THEN I run it through my die-cut machine.  Be sure to pay attention to the designs on your paper.  I have been known to put the paper on upside down!

I used double sided tape to adhere the covers together.  I used to always use scor-tape but I am finding that Thermo-Web's red liner tape holds better.  I love how easy scor-tape is to use since you can tear it, so I save my red liner tape for this application.



SUPPLIES LIST




6 comments:

  1. This paper set creates a truly vibrant notebook. Perfect for your trip to Hawii...so I'm likely to try something like this to gather my memories of a past trip there. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous tropical papers Maggi! LOVE that toucan and the pretty dimensional flowers - I really feel like I'm in the tropical forest looking at this lovely journal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal.
    What is the other large piece in the die for? I think you said a folded insert? How would you use it? Seems an odd size. Anyway, as I said great journal so thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is used to make pages for the notebook. Thanks for stopping by my blog xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...