Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Clearsnap Color Blends by Eileen Hull

Blends 

Blends are a fun ink product designed by Eileen Hull for ColorBox.  Blends are unique as they are an inker, re-inker and applicator all in one. The contain much more ink than your typical stamp pad and come in 16 colors.


This is a Journal that I made with Eileen's Journal die.  It makes a Traveler's Notebook style journal and is definitely one of my favorite things to make!  They are addictive.

The first step (sorry I don't have any process photos) after die-cutting and assembling the journal, was inking the cover.  I used several different Blends to do the color and used a little water to blend it all together nicely.    

Here's a great video where Eileen shows you how to use the Blends.  Also check out this blog post by fellow DT member Karen Bearse.

Next, I used a stencil from Stamperia and copper embossing paste to stencil on the clock faces.

After that dried I added those pretty flowers from Little Birdie Crafts, the Graphic 45 key hole, and the chipboard piece which is from Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante Collection.



On the back cover, I used another Stamperia stencil and stenciled with nutmeg Blends.  I love how I was able to add the stenciled images over the blended background color without smearing.


Let's take a look at the signature covers inside.  I embossed the cover of the first one and then lightly inked over the embossed impression with Blends.  They work really well for this kind of application.



On this cover, again I used a stencil and lightly inked the background.  The Mannequin is a fussy cut image from the Steampunk Debutante collection that I adhered.  Then I stamped the image above and below using 2 different color Blends, Nutmeg and Ebony.


The image in the center is from a Stamperia stamp.  I stamped it on paper and then used a paintbrush and picked up a little color from the Blends and painted in the fine details.


 Be sure to watch Eileen's video on how to use the Blends for lots more information on this great product.


Supplies:



Stamperia Clocks Stencils
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante
Stamperia stencils and stamps



Thanks for stopping by today!





4 comments:

  1. Maggi - Watching your creativity is always a delight to see. I love your you tube videos so many great ideas. You have this natural ability to create texture, color, & designs that work so well together. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Robin, how very kind of you to say all those nice things, thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful journal! The layering is amazing. Grungy chick and feminine too but not messy or smeared. The use of inks and layers has so much interest. Love the nutmeg paste stenciling. TFS. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy that you like this project. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...