Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Using the Wrapped Journal Die by Eileen Hull Designs to Make a Purse

When we make a big purchase, it needs to have more than one use, right?  Well friends, take a look at this because this is Eileen Hull's Wrapped Journal "disguised" as a purse! It is just the cutest little purse and, bonus,  it's really easy to make!  Check it out below and make one with me in this complete process video! (Here's a link to another purse mini I made. )


After you die-cut Sizzix Mat Board, you can  run it through your die-cut machine and emboss it as I did here.  The mat board embosses so nicely  and it doesn't take a special embossing folder.  I just used an old Cuttlebug folder that I've had for years. Then I had fun inking it all up with Eileen Hull's ColorBox Blends inks.  Blends are unique as they are an inker, re-inker and applicator all in one.  

The flowers die-cut into the Wrapped Journal are made with Floral Cutouts which is a Movers & Shapers die that is part of this Book Club 2 release.  The Wrapped Journal die has a cut out space where you can fit in a mover and shaper die and give your journal cover a custom cutout or edge.  For this cut, I simply dropped the Floral Cutout die onto the Wrapped Journal Die and ran it through my Vagabond to cut out the journal with the floral cutout all with just one cut.
What I love best about this purse is that Eileen's Passport Book fits perfectly into the Wrapped Journal purse.  How cool is that?   This would make a great gift for Moms and Grandmothers.  Use Christmas colors to make a Christmas keepsake.

You can view my tutorial to make a Passport Book on YouTube here.  In the video I am using a different paper collection than you see pictured here, but I do show you how to make the cover, string the mini to hold the inside booklets and lots of different ways to make pages.
I used a tag from the Credit Card Sleeve & Tags set to make the closure.  It was the perfect size to make a pretty closure for this bag.

Supplies:


Thanks so much for visiting me today and a special thanks to those of you that leave a comment.  I really appreciate it!  I hope you have a great day and find time to do whatever it is you love most!


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!! You're pretty amazing yourself!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Maggi, fabulous video and I adore the colours and booklet inside. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice.
    What are the score lines on the flat chipboard base--I don't have that specific sissix die. sakortan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...