Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Graphic 45's Little Women Collection

How well I remember being mesmerized by the Louisa May Alcott's Little Women book series.  I didn't have a lot of friends as a child but I always had my books for friends and this was a fave!

I was thrilled when Graphic 45 memorialized the story with their new release, Little Women.  The colors in this collection are just so pretty, bright and bold, but still vintage.

Take a journey with me in this video where I'll give you a flip through tour  of all the pages in my mini.


I made a cute dangle for the spine by threading beads and a G45 Shabby Chic Metal Key Hole onto wire.


 I made the journal cover using Eileen Hull Design's Journal Die by Sizzix.  It is such a fun die and perfect for making Midori styled journals.

 You can place so many photos in this journal. There are lots of  tuck spots, tags and pull outs where you can record your memories along with your photos.

There are 3 signature inserts and each one is designed for holding photos and journaling.

Tip: Save your scraps and use them to decorate the small tags in your minis. Add interest to your minis by adding unexpected elements like policy envelopes and odd shaped papers.  At the back of the 3rd signature, I bound in a G45 policy envelope as an extra special place to hide something!

Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic 45 Little Women 12 x 12 Collection
Ephemera Cards
Staples Shabby Chic Metal Key Holes
Staples Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Keys
Staples Policy Envelopes ATC Black
Staples Policy Envelopes Large Black
Staples ATC Tags Black
Staples Large Tag Album Black

Other Supplies:
Petaloo Flowers
May Arts 1.5" Solid Wrinkled Ribbon - black
May Arts ¼" Silk Ribbon - black, ivory
May Arts ¼" Metallic Wired Ribbon - Mauve
Sizzix Notebook Journal by Eileen Hull
Mat board

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

9 comments:

  1. Maggie, this is a great album! I would love to make one, but it looks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, thanks so much for you comment! It is not as much work as it looks like. These kind of journals go together relatively quickly. I probably spent 2 days on this one.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful...do you have instructions for any of your journals that we can print off re: measurements etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, thanks so much! I do have a full tutorial for making a journal of this type. Of course each one is unique but if you look at the tutorial you can see how I make many of the different pages. https://scraptravelbark.blogspot.com/2017/10/junk-journal-with-carta-bella.html The fun thing for me with this type of journal is that it is very free form, I make the pages different sizes, they don't have to be the same. I let my imagination be my guide.

      Delete
    2. Oh sorry Pam, I noticed you asked if there were any printable instructions. No, that I haven't done but I give you alot of the measurements in my video I referenced in my earlier comment. You'd just have to stop the video here and there and write it down.

      Delete
  3. Love this project Maggie!! So pretty and so many great tuck spots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...