Pages

Monday, April 17, 2017

Honoring Earth Day with Recycled Graphic 45 tags.





I'm upcycling today in honor of Earth Day!  I've made two great shaker tags from Graphic 45's Washi tape packaging. I'll show you how to do that in my Snapguide. The plastic packaging is great because you can actually fit some Hershey's chocolate in the shaker. Now that's my kind of shaker!!


Now, if you don't have the packaging from Graphic 45's Washi Tape, don't despair, you can still make a great shaker tag using any of the tags from our Staples metal packaging.   Here's a link to a previous Snapguide where I illustrated how to make a shaker from nested dies. All you need to do is make a shaker and then glue it to your tag as I have done on the Born to be A Star tag, below.
This is one of the two tags I made from the washi tape packaging.  I love that the "shaker" is large enough to fill with chocolates!  What a fun surprise to give someone!



You could trim off the outer plastic edging but I didn't find it all that distracting and I thought it would look neater left on than what it would look like if I tried to trim it off.

This is the 2nd tag I made from the Washi tape packaging and I opted to used punched stars and beads in the shaker. 


I glued trim to the outer plastic edge on this tag since the edge sticks above the surface of the tag on this one..



 I made the fun stick pin to add some extra glam to my project.

And of course, I added some pretty Petaloo blooms to finish off my tag!


This tag is made from a Staples metal packaging tag.  I made the star shaker using a Cheery Lynn star shaker die set.
I always look to the cut-aparts or ephemera cards for the anchor piece of my tags and cards.  


I fussy cut an image from the design paper and layered it over the star shaker, I like the way that looks!

Graphic 45 Supplies
Vintage Hollywood collection:
8" x 8" Pad
Decorative Chipboard
Journaling Chipboard
Tag and plastic covering from Staples Washi Tape
Any tag from Staples metal product packaging

Other Supplies:
Petaloo Botanica Anenome - Pistachio
Petaloo Botanica Sugared Minis - Pine Green
Petaloo Darjeeling Mini Mix - Teastained Green
Petaloo burlap trim
Houndstooth Ribbon
Blue rayon seam binding
green cardstock
Assorted beads to fill shakers
Cheery Lynn Designs Star Shaker Kit

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love that you turned junk into adorable shaker type cards. I must try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...