Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A treasure Box for Petaloo

I love boxes in all sizes and shapes.  It pains me to throw them away and I have a big closet full of boxes in all sizes and shapes to support my box addiction! Just imagine how happy Mom or any gal would be to receive a special gift encased in this box.


This is a new Graphic 45 Staples Deep Rectangle Matchbook Box that I covered with Graphic 45's Portrait of a Lady collection and embellished with Petaloo's Botanica blooms. These coral blooms are so pretty with these papers.

I used dimensional foam tape to pop up layers on the top of the box.  Notice how in the upper left corner I nestleds my Petaloo blooms over printed flowers in the design paper.  This helps to give the printed flowers the illusion of dept and makes the floral cluster appear larger.

I also added some Cheery Lynn Designs flourishes to my floral clusters, I think they add a special touch to my clusters.


I kept the sides simple letting the top have all the glory! You know, sometimes less is more, right?  I used some fun drawer pulls on either end of the box to make it more functional.


Don't you love how the flowers cascade over the side?  The inside drawer is also covered; however,  I did not cover the drawer on the outside so that it would easily slide in and out of the box.

Petaloo Supplies :


Other Supplies:
Graphic 45 Portrait of a Lady
Graphic 45 Staples Deep Rectangle Matchbook Box
Cheery Lynn Designs Flourish 7
Cheery Lynn Horizon Fishtail Banners 3 Piece Die Set 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I appreciate it!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful . . . I did not know that Graphic 45 had the larger matchbook boxes. Will you please tell me who makes the flag dies as I just love them and think they make a nice accent. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work and have a great week. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you kind comments. The large matchbox from G45 is new. It is sized to hold their mini and they also have a square matchbox designed to hold their square mini. Both the boxes are new this year.

      Oops, I left the die you asked about off my supply list (just added it). It is from Cheery Lynn Designs and here's a link to it: https://cheerylynndesigns.com/horizon-fishtail-banners-die-set-dl278/

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...