Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

A Valentines card with Creative Embellishments and Graphic 45

Sometimes it can be tough to find just the right card for the man in our life.  So often they are over the top mushy or just too silly.  Tnis card that I made using Graphic 45's new Voyage Beneath the Sea collection is just perfect.  I love that it's not in traditioanl valentine colors yet it conveys a valentine's greeting.

I've used lots of Creative Embellishments chippies on this card.  If you haven't seen the latest designs, hurry and go look 'cause there are some fabulous new chippies.  I particularly adore the octopus, there's something so cute about him, LOL!
I love these Petaloo  Darjeeling Wild Blossoms that go so well with this collection.

 I lightly painted the chipboard pieces with white gesso that I watered down just a tad as I didn't want the paint tofill in the etching on the chipboard.  Then the seahorse is colored with Lindy's Grab a Guy Gold and a tiny bit of Cajun Carnelian Red.  The seagrass at the bottom is painted with Silks in Teal Zircon and African Jade.

The octopus is also colored with Grab a Guy Gold.



The seashells are colored with Lindy's Creme Brulee Cream.  I love that using mists for color allows the detail to show through.  Those flowers are Petaloo Darjeeling Wild Blossoms, they go so well with this collection.







You can find the chippies I used in the store.  Just click on the picture and it will take you right there!

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to enter Creative Embellishment's monthly challenge because you could win a $50 gift certificate to the store.  The challenge post is always at the top of the CE blog so you can always find it.  Now that is sweet!
maggi

1 comment:

  1. Love this card and am happy to see non-traditional colors used. Fantabulous design and the sentiment is so perfect! Awesome sauce use of the CE chippies, looks like fun! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...