Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Take a good look at G45's new City Scape collection - it's divine!

How do you define fabulous?  It's Graphic 45's new City Scapes collection filled with around the world vintage images of rich deep color accented with black combined with vintage patterns.  It just doesn't get any better than this collection that is perfect for making travel minis, travel layouts, and scrapping vintage photos from yesteryear.  The colors work so well for those masculine layouts you want to do, but I say, scrap me in lucious vintage red and cream, that's feminine enough for me!  This is the perfect all around collection.




I was cleaning up my scrap desk when I spied this black canvas over on the side and saw that it was perfectly sized for the Cityscapes title page image. Flash, an idea popped in my head!  I love it when inspiration strikes like that.  I paired the image with a couple of the cut-aparts and a great canvas was born.  To give the canvas interest and dimension, I wrinkled the large image and coated it on both sides with matte medium to strengthen the shape.  After adhering it to the canvas, I stuffed tissue paper behind the wrinkle so that the shape would hold.   I used black foam tape to adhere the two cut-aparts and finished it all off with some pretty Petaloo blooms.




Two of the great cut-aparts:










Supplies:
Graphic 45 Cityscapes 12 x 12 collection:
Cityscapes
Grand Tour
Global Odyssey

Other:
Petaloo Burlap Textured Elements Blossoms Black
Colorbox Graphic 45 Ink Photogenic
8 x 10 black canvas
Black organza ribbon
Liquitex matte medium

Be sure to stop by the Graphic 45 blog every day this week because there are some awesome sneak peeks of everything that is being released this season, I can't wait! Graphic 45 is so generous so you know there will be chances to win these collections everyday.


Lookie lookie, I spy Ladies' Diary, are you thrilled to see this being released as a Deluxe Collector's Edition? I sure am!

Happy Monday and back to work day, hope your day is fabulous.  Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Maggi - what a beautiful piece - and a very cool idea! I can't wait for this collection to be released. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Maggi - I love this picture and the new collection. So vintage and sweet. I have a quick question - did you apply the Liquitex to the entire top sheet? How did you make the corners curl and stay that way? Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronda, thanks so much! Before I coated with matte medium, I wrinkled the paper and curled the corners. On the two small tags, I gently curled the corners by wrapping around a large paintbrush. For the large image, I just manipulated it until I had a shape I liked. Then I coated it with matte medium on one side and as it was drying I made sure to keep the shape, as the natural tendency with damp paper is to flatten so I just kept pushing the center warp back in place as it dried. Then I flipped it and coated on the underside. When adhering to the canvas you glue it so that the curls and warps are raised. To help the center warp stay and to keep it from getting crushed when I shipped it to CHA, I stuffed tissue paper behind it. Let me know if you have other questions.

      Delete
  3. I had not noticed the Cityscapes papers before but your piece really makes them stand out. Now I must have them. Thank you for explaining the technique for making the curls permanent. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...