Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Creative Inspiration with Graphic 45's World's Fair!

Ever wonder how the design team assignments work for Graphic 45?  Fortunately, we have a lot of artistic freeedom to make whatever moves us.  Usually we are just given an idea, so for January we were tasked with designing a project that would remind and inspire us to grow creatively in 2016. Immediately I knew that I would design something with the World's Fair collection as it has so many great inspirational words, quotes and images.

My mind sort of wandered over to the "Think Outside the Box" idea with words and quotes sticking out, i.e. thinking outside,  of a Staples  Matchbook box in the wagon.  There really is a box in there and you can see it in the photo I took from the back.  I took the drawer out of the box and covered both pieces with design paper and used as anchors for my words and images that I glued onto wooden skewers.  Well, I really wanted the words to be "jumping" out of the box but as you know, creations take on their own life and the boxes got lost amidst all the fussy cutting and embellies.  Must say, this is so me, I just can't seem to stop embellishing until a page or project is jam packed with goodness!

I named this piece, "Think Outside the Box, Use a Wagon" for no other reason than it is whimsical, just like the project!  My crafty goals for 2016 are simply to always think creatively and  try to stay true to my own individuality.













Supplies List  -
Graphic 45 World's Fair Collection 12 x 12 collection:
Flower Power
Mind Over Matter
Balloon Bouquet
Inspiration Station
Wonder Works
Ticket to Ride
Tags & Pockets
Decorative Chipboard
Stickers
Graphic 45 Typography 12 x 12 collection:  Imagine
Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home Stickers
Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar 12 x 12 collection:  Mystical Masterpiece
Staples Small Matchbook Box

Other supplies:
Wood skewers
Wire
Styrofoam
Petaloo Botanica Royal Blue Sugared Blooms
Petaloo Botanica Pistachio Blooms
I am Roses daisies, carnations, lilies, apple blossoms
Claudine Hellmuth Studio semi-gloss acrylic paint:  landscape green, dab of yellow, altered orange
Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Banners die
Metal wagon from Michael's

Thanks so much for stopping by, leave me a comment, I'd love to know what your crafty goals are for 2016 and what do you do to stay inspired and creative.

1 comment:

  1. Maggi,
    Your wagon is truly beautiful! I love all of the elements you have used to create this magical piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...