I made this tag by layering several different papers from the collection and below is a step by step tutorial showing you how I put it together.
I use a Bow-it-All to tie my ribbons, it makes a perfect bow everytime!
You can see in this view how the layers are popped up.
To make this tag you will need:
Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments papers:
4" white doily
Be My Valentine
Spring Has Sprung
Tags and Pockets
Staples Large Tag
Assemble these pieces:
- Trace a Staples tag onto the Perfect Petals paper and cut it out. Instead, you could also make a tag 4" x 8.5" from cream cardstock.
- Diecut a Sizzix frame 658948 from cream cardstock and mount the frame onto a piece of 3" x 4.25" cardstock that matches the collection. (pictured at top right below) If you don't have this die, you can use a 4" x 5" rectangle or some similar die.
- Diecut a Spellbinders Frame that is about 3" x 4.25" in size. I've used Spellbinders A2 Valiant Honor frame. Again you could use a similarly sized rectangle or other die.
- Cut a small tag from Be My Valentine paper
- Select the My Valentine Wish tag from Tags and Pockets
- Cut Be Mine Valentine strip from Spring Has Sprung.
Randomly apply embossing ink to the Sizzix frame and heat emboss. I've used Ranger California Stucco Antiquities embossing powder. Be sure to let some of the cream cardstock show through.
Glue the cut out tag to the Graphic 45 Staples tag. You will need to punch a 1/2" hole at the top to match the G45 tag. Cut a 4" x 6" rectangle from Perfect Petals and use a deep edge Martha Stewart punch around the page to cut the edges. I've used Wild Flowers.
Glue a 4" piece of white or cream lace at the bottom of the tag. Round the bottom corners of the Be Mine Valentine strip and adhere over the top edge of the lace using foam tape or pop dots.
Adhere the border punched 4" x 6" rectangle about 1" from the bottom.
Glue cardboard to the back of the Sizzix and Spellbinders frame and also to the cut apart tag, You could also use foam tape, squares or pop dots, any material to pop up the layers.
Glue the Sizzix frame over top the border cut layer.
Glue a doily over the Sizzix frame.
Glue the Spellbinders frame over the doily and then add the G45 Cut apart.
Attach the My Valentine Wish tag to the right side using several layers of foam tap or popdots etc to stand up the top.
That's it, just add a bow at the top and embellish with flowers and leaves. I also fussy cut two butterflies from Heart Song and added to the left center and right top.