Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Whispers of Spring-April Flying Unicorn KOM

I love this time of year, the time when the earth seems to refresh itself with the brilliant colors of spring flowers and foliage.  I was out walking in our yard yesterday and noticed that our Japanese cherry trees are right on the verge of blossoming.  I'm hoping that today will be a pretty warm day and the buds will all pop open for there is nothing more beautiful to me than a cherry blossom tree in full bloom.

The colors of spring dance delightfully throughout the April Flying Unicorn kit with the Bo Bunny collection, C'est la Vie.  Add in the nostalgic Prima Lifetime Collection, and Studio 75's Vintage Memories, and you have a kit dressed in colorful vintage tones perfect for preserving all your memories.  The kits sell our really fast, so better grab one now, right here!

For this first layout, I chose Bo Bunny's C'est la Vie collection as it's pastel color palette was perfect for this photo of my sister in law and me taken just before she and my older brother were married.  I think this was taken the day of their wedding rehearsal.  I can't imagine why I would have otherwise had on a dress, LOL!  I added the ScrapFX title chippy, the Dusty Attic flourish chippies and the Manor House yellow pink blooms from my stash.


One of the fun things in the kit is cheesecloth and I love to tucks snippets of it into my floral clusters.


Supplies:

Patterned paper:  Bo Bunny Cest la Vie:  Base – Déjà Vu , yellow – C’est la vie, Blue stripe & purple– la Vie en Rose 7, yellow stripe - Couturiere (all from the kit)
Chipboard:  Scrapfx Memories are Made of This; Dusty Attic Flourish #8 DA 0702
Diecuts and punches: Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose; MS Wild flowers, MS Deco Fan,
Flowers:    ManorHouse yellow flowers Darling
Ink:  Prima  cold ice, blue jay, old rose, dry sand; Distress shabby shutters, tumbled glass, squeezed lemonade
Paint:      Ranger snow cap dabber

My favorite part of the Flying Unicorn kits and its what makes our kits unique, is the off the page project that is always included with the main kit!  This month the OTP features Kaisercraft's photo frame.

I decided to try out one of the great Paint Systems from Tattered Angels and chose the Precious Stone Marble system.  This was really easy to do, I just followed the directions ,imagine that, LOL!  I added Dusty Attic chippies that I've heat embossed with Stampendous Shabby White embossing enamel.






I mixed some Bo Bunny papers with Studio 75's Vintage Memories collection for this next layout - I love that the papers work so well together.  I mixed in a few flowers from my stash with the  Prima vine (colored with Lindy's Fuzy Navel Peach) that is in the Flower Add-on.  I amso added the ScrapFX title and Fabscraps Manequin chippies from my stash.





The chippies are embossed with Stampendous Aged Ivory embossing enamel.


I wanted the flowers to look more vintage so I sprayed the white Prima vine with Lindy's Fuzy Navel Peach.  The Prima canvas flower underneath is sprayed with Glimmer Mist Old Lace.




Supplies

Patterned paper:  Bo Bunny C’est la Vie collection:  6” sq-Decopage, circle Panache, lg sq-Belle, Bo Bunny Glitter and Jewel accents; Studio 75 Vintage Memories:  base 04, green punched sq 07
Chipboard:  Fabscraps Manequin; ScrapFx wordlet Family embossed with Stampendous Aged Ivory
Flowers:    PrimaBretton vine chronicle, Prima Ballarina bloom Dorae
Ink:  Mixd MediaInx-Vintage, Distress shaded lilac,

Thanks for stopping by, I'll have some more creations for you tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...