Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Template for a mad hat!

We're having so much fun this month at the Flying Unicorn doing projects inspired by the wonderful world of fairytales and such!  This week I've chosen Alice in Wonderland as my inspiration and who else but Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter could inspire me to create a great "Mad Hat"?  



“Mad Hatter: “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”“Have you guessed the riddle yet?” the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.“No, I give it up,” Alice replied: “What’s the answer?”“I haven’t the slightest idea,” said the Hatter”Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Hmmmm, I like the Johnny Mad Hatter best!
So let your imagination run wild and create a fabulous funky "Mad Hat."  If you'd like to use my hat pattern, click here, or see below.  I found that attaching the crown to the sides first worked best, then attach the brim.  I used a white glue similar to Elmer's so that I had a little time to manipulate the pieces.   Then I used hot glue to attach all my embellies.



 I used 7 Dots Wonderland collection to make my hat.  It was the perfect choice for my madness, LOL!!  The huge feather came from the floral dept at Hobby Lobby and the stems are Petaloo Cantebury vines from the Flying Unicorn store.  I used a mix of flowers from Manor House, Prima, and the Flying Unicorn an I added in a couple Melissa Frances Chandelier Drops to add to the magical madness.



The wooden bird is an embellishment from Michaels and the bird's nest is from Prima.  Underneath all the flowers I added a piece of upholstery "hairy" trim from Hobby Lobby.  Those are the stringy things you see peeking out. 


To finish off the other side of the hat I made 3 very long stick pins.  Thank you Bitsy for some of those beads!


One of my favorite embellishments on this hat is the metal heart from the Flying Unicorn Metal Adornments collections.  


MAD HATTER'S template - print on 8 1/2 x 11" paper.

hat body - glue ends together

hat brim  - fold tabs up and glue to smaller end of hat body


top of hat - fold tabs under an d glue inside larger end of  hat body




1 comment:

  1. hello

    Just LOVE this hat!!
    Do you have an mail-address where i can reach you?
    I wonder if you want to be a GD at our norwegian scrapbooking-forum for a month?
    if you are interested plz send me a mail:
    hege@scrappeland.no

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...