Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Off the Page with the Flying Unicorn & the January KOM, Carpe Diem!

One of the greatest things about the kits from the Flying Unicorn is that the main kit ALWAYS includes an off the page project.  This is such a great value because in addition to great papers and embellies, you get a fun OTP for a more than reasonable price!


The January OTP is especially nice, its a great box with a 6 x 6 mini inside, already for you to scrap and make it your very own special project.  Because I got my January kit in December, I chose to make a mini to give my Mom for Christmas with photos of her great grandchildren in it.

I used a combination of the Magnolia 6 x 6 papers that come with the OTP and Prima Londonderry papers for my OTP.

I first painted the box bottom with Delta Ceramcoat metallic gold acrylic paint that came in the December 2011 kit.  Love that I still had some left from a year ago to use on this!  After that was dry I applied a thick coat of Ranger Crackle Accents.  I let that air dry (don't use a heat gun here, let it dry naturally) and then rubbed Distress walnut stain into the cracks and a bit of  Rub 'm Buff in Ebony.

The edge of the lid was painted with Viva Inka-Gold that came in the kit and then ebony Rub 'n Buff was applied to the edges and corners on both the lid and box.

Inka-gold is a really fun product, be sure to watch my two videos on how to use it. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AnO6d7D4UE&list=UUHgm7Ve-qUEy1h99G8Pz97A&index=2

 
I decorated the top with a resin Prima frame that I brushed gold Inka-gold  into the crevices for that french antique look and in the frame center is a rose made from air dry clay.  Here's a very similar frame in the store.  I also added some Dusty Attic chippies from my stash that I embossed with Stampendous Ivory Aged Embossing Enamel.  This is my favorite product discovery of 2012!!!  I love it, it looks so great on  chippys and it comes in lots of colors.  Be sure to check it out!
 
The small gold and cream flowers came in the January kit and the larger cream flowers came from my stash.  I made the stick pin.




 
On the cover I've used crowns from the January kit and letters and flowers from a prior kit, Londonerry and Magnolia papers.
 
 

 
 
 
My mojo has been seriously missing for some time now, that is until the January kit arrived on my doorstep!  I just love the BasicGrey Serenade and Pink Paislee papers in the kit.  The papers and colors are so fun and playful and I thought were perfect for scrapping these pictures I took of a Mama grizzly bear and her her cub in Hyder, Alaska.
 
There is a great Tattered Angels mask in the embellishment add on kit, I thought it kind of looked like waves and was perfect for this LO.  I also mimiced the frothy water with cheesecloth.
 
 
The main kit included the Studio Calico hexagon mask that I used on this layout, I love the texture it creates. 

 
And don't you just love the Fancy Pants corrugated paper that is in the kit?  I misted, painted,  pasted, masked and inked on the background.  You could say that it's an artist's playground!  The flowers on this page are from previous kits and the green vines are Petaloo from the store.

 
Be sure to visit the KOM group at the Flying Unicorn for more details on these layouts and creations from all the  Creative Team.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...