Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My vegetarian dog & the January Flying Unicorn KOM

I really loved working with the January Flying Unicorn KOM, it is so fun and playful, its perfect to pull you out of the winter blues!
 
 
Here we have the silly Chena picking cherry tomatos! If you look closely in the first photo you can see a tomato in her mouth.  We have to fence our garden to keep the dogs out or they would completely strip the vines!
 
Journal:
I’ve never seen a dog that loved vegetables as much as Chena!  The 1st year we had a garden, Chena learned to take her snout and root through the bean vines and pull off the mature beans. Tomatoes?  Well just like me, she only picked the ripe ones! I’m not sure which is her favorite, green beans or tomatoes.  Then there was time I planted sugar snaps on the fence.  I’d see Chena running across the yard with a long pea vine stringing out behind her; then she would stop and eat the whole thing!  We had to fence the garden to keep her out; so then, she would sit at the edge of the garden, whine and look at me with those sad puppy dog eyes!
 
 
 


 
Supplies from the kit:

Patterned paper:  BasicGrey Serenade collection:  Base-york, orange circle-Parlor, beige circle-avalon, circle under small photo-chemise, sweet robin from the BasicGrey packaging
Flowers:    BasicGrey diecut flowers, Bo Bunny Natural Earth Daisy,
 
Supplies from my stash:
Diecuts and punches: DA0395 Birdbath, DA0640 Cherry Blossoms, Martha Stewart Laurel Leaf & Deco Flower punch around the page
Flowers:   Petaloo Florettes (I think Sept kit), Prima Bel Canto (Dec KOM)
Mist: TA Glimmer Mist Bronze, Tattered Leather, Lindy’s Cattail Copper Brown
Paint: Liquid pearls bisque, white gesso
Unknown: Burlap

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...