Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

More Flying Unicorn June KOM

The June kit has really been a favorite for me, I've had so much fun using the rich Prima Fairy Belle papers and the Bo Bunny Country Garden.  And of course the Kaisercraft papers have been lucious too!  This is a layout about dh's cousins' husband who passed recently.  We went to Illinois in April to attend his memorial service and celebrate his life at a gathering at his home after the service.  I was really happy to be there so that I could help Marilyn, his widow, with all the preparations.  The photo and verse that I have scrapped is something that she and their children had printed to give everyone.  Although it was a sad occasion, we were not sad, instead we celebrated what a wonderful man he was and the wonderful life that he lived.

I used papers from the Bo Bunny Country Garden collection and  a scrap of Glitz (the dotted piece) for this layout.  The braid and Dusty Attic frame are from my stash.

We've been talking about various ways of treating chipboard this month in Denise's chipboard challenge and I wanted to share this technique with you.  First I painted the DA frame with antique white acrylic paint.  Then I inked a flourish stamp that came in the May kit with Perfect Pearls Medium and stamped on the chipboard.  Next I brush on some dry Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls powder (also from the May kit).  The powder adheres to the PP medium and brings out the flourish image.  It appears to be worn off in some places and that is by design, to give it that aged look.  I then coated the frame with Ranger Glossy Accents to seal the Perfect Pearls.   Its a really easy technique andI love the look. The leafy scrolls are cut with a favorite Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations die, Bella Rose and then dabbed with Lindy's Gator Gumbo Olive.  That gorgeous orange bloom is Manor House Creations.

  Dave

Here are some closeups:

Dave sneak

Dave sneak 3


I loved this bright side of the Country Garden collection, Dave's life was colorful, he was much loved and so this tribute to him needed to be bright and cheerful. If he were here, I know he would agree.

Here's another LO I did using the kit and a wonderful BAP tute from Tammy.  I changed it a little but the basic design is there.  I was struggling with this LO and Tammy's tute was just what I needed.  Here I've used the Prima papers from the kit and a doily and cardstock from my stash.
  Carlee 2004

The flowers are a mix of layered Kaisercraft, a Petaloo and Primas that came in the  kit.  I used the pearlescent water colors to tone down the bright pink flowers.  I also used the watercolors to transform the Petaloo flower from bright white to a softer pink color.  I fussy cut flowers from one of the Prima papers and layered underneath the blooms and vine.
Carlee 2004 closeup 2
I heat embossed the Fabscraps Victorian sign from the kit with Stampendous aged gold and for the bracket and shabby white on the sign. After I added the letters, I painted the sign with Crackle Accents to add to its old and aged appearance.
Carlee 2004 closeup

Please visit the Flying Unicorn to see more of our June KOM and while you're there, stop in to our challenges forum and join us for some fun!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...