Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Rockin' Round Robin at Flying Unicorn!

I have to believe we have the rockin' most fun Round Robin on the net!  Better put on your boots though cause it gets kind of thick over there sometimes!  There are alot of pot shots taken but its all in good fun and some seriously beautiful art going on too!

We have 7 teams and 29 players,  wow, isn't that fantastic!!!  So I am a team leader and here's the layout I made to get us started.   The theme of the Round Robin is April Showers Brings May Flowers.  Of course, there are lots and lots of beautiful flowers on everyone's layouts but I decided to go in a different direction so I just have a couple of blooms on mine.  I love Timmy's Umbrella Man so I grabbed the chance to feature him on my layout.


I used 7 Dots Dreamer pps for this. I used Dusty Attic chicken wire as a mask and misted the upper right corner with Lindy's Moonshadow Mist Ethereal Emerald. In certain lights you can see a beautiful emerald colors that match the 7 Dots paper. Moonshadow mists are really pretty but you usually have to see them in real to appreciate the look they give.

All around the photo I have used Lindy's fusible webbing. I sprinkled alot of metallic embossing powders on the webbing and a shot of color here and there and heated to make that. The two trees on the left are rusty metal that I found at a Pat Cantan's craft store in Ohio. The circle is Tim Holtz grungeboard that I had inked with copper I think, maybe some bronze in another life LOL. I have a little box that I keep left over "stuff" in that didn't get used and that was in there. I thought it would complement the LO, I guess its the sun.

Here's a close up of the flower and the Dusty Attic gate which is painted with Lindy's Cattail Copper Brown.


Don't forget that the April kit reveals tomorrow, you are going to love it, it is sooo pretty!!!!  Better get in line at midnight tonight, it's going to sell out fast.  Oh and the OTP is truely awesome this month!!

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it!



1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...