Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Flying Unicorn April KOM

I know I keep saying this, but seriously, the April kit is just so incredibly gorgeous and its the best kit ever!  I think what impressed me most about this kit is that it is so full of goodies, it's really an incredible value.  There's a beautiful sampling of papers from Glitz, Ruby Rock-it, mini papers from Meg's Garden,  and Fabscraps all coordinated to complement each other.   Then there's the OH MY GOSH, how cool is that, wooden birdhouse just waiting for you to decorate. Alda has selected a wonderful fusion of flowers and embellishments that will go perfectly with the the papers.  When I get my kit, its a complete suprise package and I am so amazed at all that comes out of the box!  There are two paper add-ons this month as well as a flower add-on.  If you can swing it, you are really going to want the patterned paper add-on because it is additional papers that coordinate with those in the kit.  Of course if you've got some spare change, well you're going to want ALL the addons!!

This is the first layout I did with the kit and it is my favorite.  The photo is one that I recently took in the Everglades while vacationing in Florida.  The bird is a Snowy Egret showing his breeding plumage.  He is really such a beautiful bird.


I used Ruby Rock-It papers from the August Moon collection, these papers are so soft and pretty.  I added a few things from my stash to this layout, the Dusty Attic pieces, the Prima resin bridge and greenery.  That fabulous fence is wooden and comes in the main kit.  It's a nice length too, I used it on several LOs and have a little piece left still!

Closeups:


I love Glitz papers and their most recent collections did not disappoint!  The kit has a meld of papers from the French Kiss and Pretty in Pink collections.  I used papers from both collections on this layout.  The photo is probably from around 1951 and shows a group of ladies "barning tobacco" as we say it here in the south.  They are handing the tobacco freshly picked from the fields to a stringer, who is stringing the leaves onto a pole in preparation for going into the barn to cure.  I added the fabric burlap and cork from my stash.  The cork was a sample coaster than I got at a Home Show from a cork flooring mfg!  I knew it would look good on a layout some day!  I made the flowers using Alterations Tattered Floral die. 



I really love how the letters look. They are shiny black Thickers that came in the kit, and I just didn't think they looked quite right on my layout. So I scuffed them up with my sanding block and then inked with walnut stain. I think its a perfect look for this page.


Here is the way cool OTP project!  I used papers and embellies from my stash for this as I wanted to keep the kit papers to use on layouts.  The little birds perched in the doorways did come in the kit and they are just what my birdhouse needed!





Here's one more that I did with the kit.  It's a mix of Fabscraps, Ruby Rock-It and Meg's Garden.  I added a sheet of white cardstock, the one fuschia colored flower  and the Dusty Attic pieces from my stash to this LO.  The leafy vines are cut with the Spellbinders Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose die and stamped with a matchng HC stamp.  I got out my Martha Stewart punches and kind of went crazy!



I'll have more kit creations to share with you this week so be sure to stop by again and even more important, visit the store to get your kit.  It goes on sale tonight, at 12:01 am, April 3.  I know you're going to love this  kit!!

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Maggi, the Snowy Egret page is so very elegant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you have some really love work here, that bird house is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...