Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Simple Cards and Envelopes with Eileen Hull's New Journaling Card, Envelope & Window Thinlits Set

 The Journaling Card, Envelope & Window Thinlits Set is so fun and makes the cutest envelopes and journaling cards.  Oh but wait!!!  You can turn that journaling card into a card and that's what I've done!

Here are the 3 cards, but, let's take a closer look.


First, here's how you how to turn the journaling card die into a card die.  Fold a piece of paper large enough for the die to cover and place the die such that the left edge is not on the paper and as such, will not cut into the paper. I always tape it down so that it doesn't move when I run it through my machine. Presto, you now have a card that opens and closes!




To make this card and envelope I first die-cut a cream envelope and decorated it with design paper and two small rectangle tags die-cut with a die from this set and topped with black rhinestones. I used my very favorite Graphic 45 collection, Typography.  Every year I suggest that this be brought back as a Collector's Edition but it hasn't happened yet.  🙁

To make the card I used black cardstock topped with a panel die-cut with Eileen's Mini Slimline Tickets.  By tearing off the two tickets at the bottom, I had a piece that perfectly fits on the card without any trimming.  I love that! I layered a design tag over that, and then topped it all with the fussy cut lady. 



Here's a simple card that I made using Graphic 45's Ephemera Queen collection.  I die-cut the envelope from cream cardstock and then added colorful design paper to make it pretty! (See this post to learn how to die-cut pieces to perfectly fit the envelope).


I adhered a G45 journaling card to my die-cut card.  Then I used one of the small rectangular dies in the set to die-cut a tag and stamped it with one of Eileen's Happy Birthday sentiment stamps and adhered near the bottom. You can't see it so much in the photo but I fussy cut the two birds and popped them up to add some dimension to the card.

Now let's get fancy and make an easel card!  


First, let's take a look at the envelope.  I die-cut the envelope from design paper and then added a couple of layers on top. I know, I'm excessive that way!  I used the Journaling Card die to cut the top piece and then I cut a window in it with one of the small rectangle tag dies.  I placed the "believe" word underneath to show through the window.  I love fancy envelopes.
Now for the card:  Cut a card in the same manner shown above.  Fold the top piece in half as shown below.



Then use the same die to cut a journaling card.  Adhere the top of the journaling card to the flap created by the fold.  Be careful to only glue it to the top half of the fold. It should look like this after gluing the two pieces together.



Now embellish the card.  I used Graphic 45's Imagine collection for this card.  This view shows the card flat.

Inside the card I created a "stop" so the easel would stand up.  I die-cut a long ticket with the Mini Slimline Tickets die and topped that with a piece of chipboard.



Here's a view showing the easel mechanism.


I think these cards are so cute at 3" x 4". Perfect size to tuck in with a gift!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Next week I'll be showing mini slimline cards, I hope you can join me.


Supplies - Eileen Hull

666276 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6 PK - Journaling Card, Envelope & Window 
666277 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4 PK - Mini Slimline Tickets

2 comments:

  1. These G45 cards are magical! I still say that you are the G45 Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear Lisa! I really appreciate your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...