Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Cookbook using Eileen Hull's Frame Pocket Journal by Sizzix

 My other hobby is cooking so I love making cookbooks!   I made this one with Eileen Hull's new Frame Pocket Journal die.  The die is plus size, meaning that you need a large format die cut machine that has a 9" opening..  The die is approximately 8 3/4" wide and 12 1/2" long. The paper I used is Graphic 45 Farmhouse.




Eileen's 2023 Chapter 14 release includes 2 thinlits dies too.  One that I'm sure you're going to love is the Thinlits Tile Alphanumeric Die that I used to cut my "recipe" title.  The letters are just the right size for titles and you can use both the positive and negative cuts which is great!

Underneath the letters I used the label included with Eileen's traveler's sized Journal.




Here you can see the journal opened up and the flap on the back cover that wraps around the front.


On the inside cover I've use the Pocket that comes on this same die.  It holds a 3" x 5" index card which is perfect for recording recipes.  I made a strap to keep the cards in place.  It's easy to make, just fashion a strap about 1" wide and 5" long. Score at the top at 1" and fold and then at 1 1/2" and fold.  Adhere the 1" folded piece to the back of the journal being sure to leave enough room for your cards to fit.  Then use a magnet to secure the strap to the outside of the notepocket.





View with the strap raised to access recipe cards.




There are two lined paper signatures inside for writing recipes or even attached notecards to the paper.  Notice the black tabs on the signatures.  These are from another Thinlits Die Set in this release, the  Library Pocket ATC Card & Tabs.  The tabs have so many uses in journaling.  Here I'm using them to section off different kinds of recipes.




View from the  back of the journal.





1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...