Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

A Journal with Eileen Hull's new ScoreBoards Plus Frame Pocket Journal

 Eileen's newest journal is so awesome and I love that there's a pocket and frame included on the die!  The die is a Plus Die meaning that you need an diecut machine with a 9" mouth like the new Sizzix Switch, Sizzix Big Shot Plus, or Spellbinders Platinum.  There are other machines that will work too, I just don't know all their names.  

I was going for an old world vintage look and  I think combing lace and paper contributes to that look. I used an old Prima collection, Time Traverler's Memories for the journal.

The backcover of the journal has a flap that wraps around the front cover which really creates a tidy closed journal.  I used a magnet closure on the flap.





I've recorded a flip thru video so that you can see all the pages.






Inside the front cover is the Notepocket, and on the right side is the Photo Frame, both part of the  Frame Pocket Journal Plus Die.



View of the back with the journal opened.





How to make the magnet closure:

The closure on the journal is magnetic which I really like because it is so neat, clean and effortless.  It's easy to make.  I like the magnets hidden so when I adhere the papers I leave a little space for the magnet. (If you're really organized you can glue the magnet on while you're building the cover.  I never seem to get that organized and end up doing it at the end.)  I use a little Undo if I need more space.  Just take tweezers and poke the magnet under the paper.





It's important to get the magnets lined up correctly, so take the second magnet and place it on the first magnet like show in this photo.  Now remove the adhesive cover and press the cover flap over top the magnet.  The magnet will adhere to the flap and voilĂ , it will be perfectly placed!  After doing that, I cut another flap from design paper and adhered over the magnet so that it would be hidden.






Supplies


Thanks for joining me today!




2 comments:

  1. Thankyou Maggie it’s a lovely journal and the tips for magnetic closure definitely will try that

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...