Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Eileen Hull Designs Travel Journal "Adventure"

It's vacation time!  Hurray!  I' so glad to see some semblance of normal slowing returning to the world; it seems that everyone has cabin fever and is planning a vacation for the year.  

Since we are heading out west in our motorhome, I wanted a journal to make notes about campgrounds we stay in and a daily diary.  





I recorded a video to show you how to make the closure and how to make a couple of the pages inside.





I used Eileen's Book Binding Die to add two special pages to my jounal.   

On the inside front cover is a vertical tuck pocket.  On the right side is a pocket made using Eileen's Notebook Pocket XL Die.  I changed it up a bit and made the pocket flat.  I'll probably slip some note paper in there.




The 2nd page on the left below is actually an envelope where I stuff receipts, tickets and that sort of thing.  Since it has a flap that is secured with a magnet, I don't have to worry about losing things.  (See how to make this page in the video.)

The right page is just open tuck spots that are great for reminders, grocery list etc.





I made two signatures for my journal and they are secured with elastic bands.  I will use one signature to do daily journaling and the other I will use to make campground notes.  (I purchased the signatures and adhered design paper to the covers.)




In this photo you can see part of the velcro closure.  I made a similar notebook for our travels in 2019 and used the velcro closure.  It worked out quite well.


Supplies







Graphic 45 World's Fair Collection

Graphic 45 Staples - Keyhole

Scor-tape 1/2"

8 1/2" x11" Cardstock

Tombow Fastener Tabs


Thanks so much for stopping by today, I appreciate it!  Be sure to visit Eileen's blog for lots of inspiration and fun ideas from Eileen and her design team.

Maggi xoxo


9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing I love the video! May I ask if the journal cover is made from Mat board /mount board ? And if so do you cover the board prior to die cutting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always cover my matboard before cutting, it just looks so nice when I do it that way. I believe I used chipboard for this particular journal but I often use Sizzix's matboard or mixed media board.

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing I love the video! May I ask if the journal cover is made from Mat board /mount board ? And if so do you cover the board prior to die cutting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooooo pretty Maggi! Have a fun trip. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Looking forward to visiting your state!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful project. I was looking at the keyholes from Graphic 45 and they don't seem to come with the brads. Do you have a source or recommendation for brads to match? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I haven't bought any brads in a very long time. Tim Holtz has long brads, called long fasteners that I think match. Most any brad will work, you just want to be sure the fastener part is long enough.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...