Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Mixed Media Tag for Creative Embellishments

Mixed Media Tag
Sometimes I like to play around and see what happens and that is what happened on the day I did this chipboard Creative Embellishments Large Tag.  These tags are great for such experimentation as they are about 5.5" x 10", a great size for trying things out.  Maybe I was a bit heavy handed!

Mixed Media Tag
On this day, I was playing with Tim Holtz's new Resist Spray.  That was after decoupaging tissue paper to the tag and not liking the result. So, I gave the tag a nice spritz with the Resist Spray and then sprinkled silver embossing enamel all over.  Perhaps I was a bit heavy handed.....

Mixed Media Tag
Then I glued on Distressed Harlequin Pieces from the Creative Embellishments store.  They've got some paint dabbles and little bits of embossing enamel applied.

Mixed Media TagMixed Media Tag
Then I added some silver metal flowers and leaves to which I added some aged spice and silver embossing enamel.  Next, some stamped on orange paint and some rhinestones for an odd counterpoint amidst all the grunge.  That's it, my play for today.

You know it is important to "play" in your art.  That's how you learn things, you learn what works, what doesn't work and you grow as an artist through these struggles.  So, have some fun, throw paint at a canvas, get your fingers messy, HAVE FUN and don't worry about what it looks like.  Just enjoy the process.


Other:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...