Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Off the page, a card, with the Flying Unicorn

The Flying Unicorn kit always includes an off the page project and in June, the project was a cute little birdhouse.  I decided to turn the birdhouse into a magical fairy house.  First I painted it all over with Prima acrylic paint from the June kit.  Then, to give it some magic, I sprayed it with Therm-o-web Iridescent Glitter Dust.  Too bad the sparkle doesn't really show up in the photo!

I used two Creative Embellishment chipboard flourishes to create the vines that I colored with Lindy's Edelweiss Moss Green and Pinderosa Pines Olive mists.  I fitted the vines around the birdhouse while they were still damp so that they were more pliable.

 I shingled the roof with acrylic facets from my stash.  Of course, I had to have pretty blooms growing on my vines.  I used some Petaloo blooms to bring some vibrant color to my wee house.


I colored some Creative Embellishments wood veneer mushrooms with Lindy's Golden Doubloons Moonshadow Mist and added to the front along with a sweet little metal fairy.


Supplies


Other Supplies:
Therm-o-web Glitter Dust - iridescent


Here's a card I made with a sheet of Teresa Collins Collector's Edition from the June kit.  I used Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders Two to cut the black and floral pieces and heavily inked the edges with Versamagic Oasis Green.  

 I tucked some cheesecloth shreds under the Prima flower to soften the look.


The kit includes some cool beads that I adhered to the leaves to add a fun edge to my project.

Teresa Collins Collector's Edition paper
Prima Salvage District flowers 586409
USArtQuest mini prills

Other Supplies:
Black & blue/green cardstock
Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders Two die
Die-namites Large Ivy die
Versamagic Oasis Green ink
Cheesecloth 

Thanks for stopping by today!  If you missed the Flying Unicorn June kit, take a look at our preorders, so that you never miss another kit.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that bird house is wonderful! Look at how you shingled the roof! Love, love, love!! (Your card is elegantly beautiful as well!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...