Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Dressed in Couture - Graphic 45

One of my favorite things to alter is a dressform.   This one came from Hobby Lobby and I used Graphic 45's Couture collection to fashion this dress.  The dress has a drop waist and a slightly gathered skirt with a short tulle and a floral bloomers  train.  Prima Winthrop flowers in turquoise accent the waist and shoulderm along with draped beads complete this Couture look.

This is the first dimensional dressform that I've worked with and it is easier to work with than a flat dressform.


I am sorry that I didn't take a photo of the dressform before I altered it, but it looked very much like this one except that the skirt was floor length and had hooks on it to hang necklaces.  My husband cut those off for me.


To make the skirt I put a machine gathering stitch along the top of the paper for the skirt.  Then I damped the paper and carefully gathered it.











Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate it so much!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...