I am sure that if you follow my blog or know me at all, you KNOW how much I love any and everything that is Graphic 45! I love bold contrasting colors and seriously, no one does bold rich, bright and contrasting better than Graphic 45. So here I am, with my audition for the Graphic 45 design team. There are so many wonderful and madly talented designers that work utter magic with Graphic 45 that I am just a little intimidated! However, if you don't work for you dreams, they will never come true, so I've given it my best!
1. Let's begin with the really bold and bright Bohemian Bazaar collection. I was immediately reminded of my younger years when flower power and psychedelic colors were the rage when this collection came out! I was inspired to go back in time and create this piece showing a much younger me at a very carefree time in my life.
I love making flowers and I made these from the Dazzling Delights paper so that they would perfectly blend with my layout.
2. Birdsong is definitely one of my favorite Graphic 45 collections. Lots of fussy cutting on this layout; Graphic 45 is always so perfect for trimming out their beautiful images!
3. I love this layout I did of my Mom when she was a teenager using Tropical Travelogue. I made flowers from glassine paper and added some Perfect Pearls powder to give this some luster. Then I added fussy cut leaves from the collection to complete my page.
4. One of my favorite color combinations is red, black and ivory; oooh these papers from Birdsong sure fit the bill. This is a paper mache trunk that I altered and it's perfect for storing tags and cards.
6. This is one of my favorite Christmas projects that I did with the Twelve Days of Christmas collection. The papers were so perfect for making my little drum gift box. Click here for a link to a tutorial for this project.
7. I made this tag to go with a gift of home baked goodies for a very special person in my life, my poodles' veterinarian. I paired an adorable chipboard poodle with the Twelve Days of Christmas collection to make this tag.
8. What could be better than the Sweet Sentiments collection for making a Valentine's tag for my special man? Here's a link to a tutorial for this tag.
9. My favorite projects of all time are these Steampunk dress forms, trunks and hats. I used Steampunk Debutante for this first dress along with some ruffled ribbon and netting.
When Steampunk Spells came out I knew I had to make a special witch's dress and hat.
10. Typography is such a vibrantly colored collection, I really love these papers! I made this thank you tag so that it could double as a card too! It has a little door on the front that opens so that you can write a personal note. Tutorial here.
11. Pictured is a steam operated shovel and what could be more perfect for scrapping these pictures than the Steampunk Debutante collection?
Mother Goose is the perfect collection for scrapping the little ones in your life and here is our grandson. I fussy cut some of the adorable images from this collection and emphasized the circular design by using the circle punch outs from the cardstock banners.
12. This is a cigar box I altered as a gift for a friend using the fabulous Couture collection. Then I made a tag to accompany my gift.
top - detail
13. And finally a banner to decorate my craft room made with French Country!
The letters are plain chipboard that I altered, here's a tutorial for the letters.
Ok 13 is my lucky number and that's why I have 13 projects! I wish everyone applying for the DT the best of luck!
Thanks to all my friends and followers that stopped by to see my Graphic 45 projects. You gave me the courage to submit my work!