Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Bittersweet Announcement

I am sad to tell you that this is my last creative team layout for the Flying Unicorn.  I have been at the Flying Unicorn for nearly 2 1/2 years and it is time for me to move on.  We are leaving Friday for a 5 week road trip in our RV so it is a natural time for me to step down.  I have so enjoyed my time as a Unicorn and I will miss my daily interaction with the rest of the creative team as well as our fabulous members!

I did this layout with the Flying Unicorn February KOM and some Leaky Shed chippies from my stash.  The Kaisercraft and Inkido papers in the kit were just perfect for this layout!

This is my sweet Brandy. She left us Dec 28, 2007 but as with all our furbabies, she lives forever in our hearts!

Brandy was an alpha female but she was a really sweet gal and sometimes oh, so silly! The only thing bad about her was that she thought all the toys were hers. The two poodles we had at the time were not allowed to play with the toys, ever. When they would get a toy, Brandy would get up and take it away from them and the poodles would just sit in respectful silence as Brandy collected all their toys!

I love these two photos of Brandy collecting the toys, after which, she laid down and protected them!


Underneath my floral cluster I've used a Leaky Shed Flower Corner but I've cut it in two pieces and layered it under my flowers. I painted it with Via Maya Cacao and used Range Antiquities Rose Quartz for the flowers on the chippy.


In this closeup you can see both the Flower Leaf Corner and Labrador #3 chipboard pieces.

Leaky Shed has such a wonderful range of pet chippies and I really love this Labrador #3 chippie as it looks just like our Brandy's profile. I simply painted it all black except for that sweet pink tongue! Leaky Shed has a whole line of dog and other animal chippies and they are so fun to use with your furbaby projects.

Supplies: (from the kit unless otherwise noted)
Patterned paper: Kaisercraft Key to My Heart collection: Base - Irresistable, journal tag - Attraction, green frame - Green flowers Inkido Beautiful Memories collection,
Letters: Prima Lifetime (from an earlier kit)
Chipboard: Leaky Shed Labrador #3 6082-33, Flower Corner 362CB (both from my stash)
Embossing powder: Ranger Antiquities Rose Quartz (from my stash)
Flowers: Prima Tatiana 566364 (stash), Petaloo Darjeeling pink wild mini blossoms 1481 130 (stash), Kaisercraft paper blooms dusty pink
Ink: Ranger Archival coffee (stash)
Mist: Shimmerz Spritz Olive Branch (stash)
Masks: Prima 564216 (stash)
Masking paste: 13 Arts Ayeeda Gesso (from January kit)
Paint: Viva Maya Gold Cacao (stash)
Other: ZVA white pearls, Prima Cling Stamps 570514

I have loaded up our RV with lots of scrappy goodies and I will be stopping by the Flying Unicorn store and warehouse while in Florida so I will have an occasional creation share with you.

A special thanks to all the Unicorns that have followed me and I will see you here and on Facebook.  And don't be surprised when I stop in the Forums!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are leaving, but glad to hear you are still going to stay around. Will miss you Maggi good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaaaaaaaaaaa.....awwww I will miss you on the team sweetie :) will be watching and chatting here and there though :) you and hubs and puppies have a great trip ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my friend .. and I am going to call you my friend, are so very creative and so totally inspirational. It's been a pleasure to get to know you ... and I for one, will be on 'Maggi' lookout ... take care and you look after yourself. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...