Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Flying Unicorn Chipboard Challenge

Tammy is hosting a chippy challenge at the Flying Unicorn this month and  I did this layout for inspiration. The papers I used are from the January KOM, just love them!  They are Prima Jodie Lee Art Journal papers.

For this challenge you had to use 3 different sized chippies and they had to be treated in some fashion.  I used 6 chippies, just because I'm excessive, :-)!  I used Leaky Shed Studios chippies.  The large round chippie and the floral corner chippier were painted gold.  The gears were heat embossed with Stampendous bronze aged embossing enamel.  The butterfly is sprayed with Dylusions white linen mist.  Notice that the butterfly wings are kind of curly.  This is a fun thing to do, soak your chippie in water just long enough that you can separate the chipboard into layers.  Then let the layers dry and mist, paint, etc.  Its really a cool technique to use on chipboard is really is great with wings.

I did some masking with Timmy's Rays mask and TCW's mini paint lids.  I used Stamper's Anonymous grunge stamps to stamp the two different black patterns you see.  Then to finish it all I dabble teal and white paint here and there with a sea sponge.







 Here you can see the layers I created by separating the chipboard.



Supplies:
paper: Prima Jodie Lee Art Journal, black cardstock
Letters: Doodlebug Design-Just My Type Alphas;
Chipboard: Leaky Shed Studio Ring Frame Large, Flower Corner Small, Spring Butterfly small, Watch Parts
Embossing powder: Stampendous aged bronze embossing enamel
Diecuts and punches: Lucky 8 Lace Kerchief
Flowers: Manor House, Petaloo,
Ink: Ranger Black Archival
Mist: Lindy's Maidenhair Fern, Grab a Guy Gold, Wild Honeysuckle Coral
Masks: Tim Holtz Rays, TCW Paint Lids
Masking paste: 13 Arts Ayeeda Gesso
Paint: Splash of Color Emperor Gold, Claudine Hellmuth Classic Teal & Blank Canvas; 13 Arts Matte Coral
Other: Stamper's Anonymous Ultimate Grunge stamp; Kaisercraft Journal clear stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...