Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Flying Unicorn July OTP

Isn't this just the coolest mini?  It's the OTP included with the main Flying Unicorn July kit.  It's burlap and from Canvas Corp.  Don't let it scare you, it's really fun to work with and different from other minis.



Here's the cover page.  I first painted it with white gesso to stiffen the page.  As this was the first page I did, I wanted to see how the gesso would work on the burlap.  I put a couple paper towels between the pages so that if any bled through the page, the paper towels would absorb.  For the most part there was very little bleeding through the layers so gessoing worked just great!  Then I decided to try masking and you can see a little of that in the upper right corner, the clock numerals.  I used that marvelous Studio 490 gold embossing paste, and while I love that stuff, its not quite stiff enough for detail applications on burlap such as these roman numerals.  Or maybe my technique is lousy.... LOL!

The oval frame is diecut with a Spellbinders die and I heat embossed the outer edges of the frame and the gears with, yep you guessed it, my favorite product, Stampendous aged gold embossing enamel.    Then I used some stickers and banners from Graphic 45's new line, Steampunk Spells.


I cut the word Art from a piece of metal with a new Alterations die, Artful Words.  Then I ran it through an embossing folder and sanded it to highlight the embossed portions.


Those very cool flowers are Flying Unicorn Adornments.



Next I did some fussy cutting and used one of the cards from the 12 x 12 Steampunk Spells pad.

I used the same technique on the oval frames, embossing the outer edges. 


I'm not one to give up easily, so on this page I successfully masked the harlequin diamonds using Shimmerz Texturez in patina.



I decided to mix some images from Steampunk Debutante with Steampunk Spells.  The clock on the left was done with Hampton Art coordinating stamps as were the Steampunk Spells words.  The bricks are masked with Shimmerz Texturez Brick Wall.



Dusty Attic corset

Maya Road wings embossed with Stampendous aged gold and shabby white.


These are the only pages I've done so far, I will post more as I get them done.  This album has 16 pages!




1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...