Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

When I turned 40....

Ah, here I am, a very youthful 40, divorced, very much in love with my current husband.  Life couldn't have been much better than it was on my 40th birthday and I'm happy to say that it still is wonderful.  Oh, I have a few more aches and pains but still life is good!

I really worked the Dusty Attic chipboard on this layout.  We are having a chipboard contest at Swirlydoos.  I may enter this one, I just haven't decided yet!!  The frame chipboard is painted black and then painted over with silver translucent glass paint and then a thick coat of Crackle Accents.  Then the swirls on the frame are heat-embossed with marcasite embossing powder.  The swirls on either side of the frame are really neat, they are two piece.  The bottom layer has  been painted with Shimmerz pearl grammie berry .  Then the top layer has also been heat embossed with marcasite powder.  I guess I was in a blingy mood as I also added alot of burgundy stickles and bisque liquid pearls as well as lots of rhinestones.  I made the light pink flowers and actually made my own mist for the first time by using 2 colors of alcohol ink mixed with water and some perfect pearls.  I think it turned out rather well for the first time!  The papers are from Prima's Moulin Rouge line - I have found them hard to work with but I am pleased with this result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...