Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas is in the air!

Its kind of cold and wet outside, feels like Christmas!!  I did some baking this week, finished buying one last item this morning, all the presents are wrapped except for one that is coming in the mail, and all the decorations are up!  Hurray, I LOVE Christmas!! Friday I had so much fun; that's when I did my baking.  I also made a really cute little card to accompany a tray of home baked goodies for the dogs'  veterinarian and staff.  They do such an awesome job taking care of my babies; I appreciate them so much.  I really think veterinarians are so special and because their patients don't talk they really have to have a 6th intuitive sense!  We are still having issues with Chili and pain management.  She was doing well until the beginning of this week when she started going downhill again.  So now she is off the muscle relaxer and on a pain med, a cox inhibitor if I understood the vet, and has responded really well to this.  She is herself again today, was even playfully nipping at Chena's flanks.  So here's the card the poodles gave their vet.  Its simple, done mostly with Jolee's but appropriate.

The the design team at Pages in Time is having a  Secret Santa gift exchange so I thought it would be fun to alter something to use as a box.  I altered a cardboard canister than Viactiv calcium chews come in and I think it is so cute....sort of hate to part with it!! 




I made it using left over BasisGrey Dasher paper.  The lid is plastic and was purple so I used Ranger alcohol inks to color that silver.  I cut out flowers and used pop dots so that everything would have alot of dimension.  I stamped a couple reindeer on the background paper and embossed (new technique for me, was way fun!) with embossing powder.  I gave the reindeer a red nose with Stickles and also used Stickles here and there for added interest.  I also added a few of Tim's fragments here and there for extra dimension.  Finally I punched two tiny holes in the lid and used a twist tie to attach the bow to the lid, that way the cannister can be reused!  This was such a fun project and it is the first thing I have altered!!

So I have been in such a shabby chic mood that there is dust everywhere in my scrap room.  I decided to change it up a bit and get back to some more traditional SBing.  I finished this one up early this am using Bo Bunny Flutter Butter paper which is so GORGEOUS!!


And that's what I've been doing these last few days.   I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season and not getting too stressed, after all, 'tis the season to be jolly!!

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that tin Maggie!! Makes me want to try to make one. I've never done an altered project but this inspires me! Hope Chili feels better soon too. Great card for the vets:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise! I never thought that I'd really enjoy making an altered item, but it really was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...