Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tutorial - Sweet Sentiments layout!

I've been working with G45 Sweet Sentiments lately, though its not my usual style as I really don't love pastels, Sweet Sentiments is sooo pretty and the peach and purples in the collection really pop.  So, I want to share this layout with you and a build a page tutorial.  Feel free to alter or copy as you wish.

I've done several layouts celebrating my parent's 70th wedding anniversary but this is my favorite.  My Mom looks so pretty, Dad not so much, LOL, but this layout is all about Mom.  She sure looks good at 91 1/2 years don't you think?



Tutorial:
1.  Cut out the following pieces:
      frame & 9" blue circle - Sweet Sentiments 4500800
      fussy cut cupid - Sweet Sentiments 4500800
      6" circle - Be My Valentine 4500802
      Spellbinders square fleur de lis frame - Bazzill Peach Glow
      Cut apart floral bouquet - Be My Valentine 4500802
      Blue stripe mat for cut apart - All My Love 4500803
     


2.  Use a Martha Stewart corner punch to punch around the edges of the two circles.  I used Scallop 3 Dot to punch the large circle and Deco Fan to punch the small circle.

Ink all the papers with Mix'd Media Inx in Peaches and Peridot


3.  Cut the blue mat to place under the floral cut apart just slightly larger that the cut apart card, about 2 1/8" x 3 1/8".  Pop up the cut-apart card before mounting on the striped mat.

4.  Use foam tape, squares, pop dots or cardboard to pop up the Spellbinders frame and the fussy cut cupid.

5.  Now we have most of our parts assembled, lets put it all together now.  Start by adherring the frame to the base paper, Perfect Petals 4500801.  Then adhere the large circle on the left side overlaping the frame on the side.

6.  Now adhere the 8" doily on the right side overlapping the frame on the right and the bottom.  Next adhere the matted floral cut-apart just below the frame on the right.  Leave 1/4" between the frame and the blue striped mat.  Then position the cupid and adhere.   

7.  Pop up the photo and position on the Spellbinders Fleur de lis diecut and then position that over the small circle and adhere about 5" from the top of the page and about 3" from the right side.  Pop up the title tag "Celebrate" and adhere beneath the photo.

8. On the right side I've added a tag from Tags and Pockets 4500810 on which I've mounted a tiny photo of the sign in front of their church.  Add your flowers and that's all there is to it!

Here's the finished layout, you might notice that I changed the flowers around a little bit!





 Here you can see how the layers are popped up.  This really adds interest to your layouts, give it a try!

Supplies list:

Bazzill Peach Glow cardstock
Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments collection:  
frame and blue circle - Sweet Sentiments 4500800 
floral print - Perfect Petals 4500801
pink pattern & cut apart - Be My Valentine - 4500802
blue stripe - All my Love 4500803
Tags and Pockets -  4500810

Spellbinders fleur de lis square frame
Martha Stewart corner punches:  Scallop 3 Dot, Deco Fan
Petaloo Mixed Textured Blossoms Apricot & Teal
Ink:  Mix'd Media Inx Peaches & Peridot
8" Doily

1 comment:

  1. Your are so good at instructions. This is my fav page from you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...