Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dreams-Mix'd Media Inx and Molding Paste

We have a new weekly  feature at the Flying Unicorn , What Can You Do Wednesday, or WCYDW!  Every Wednesday the Creative Team will be sharing a new project, technique, build a page, always something designed to help get your creative wheels turning!

Welcome to my current favorite project and it's what you can do today!!  I'm going to share the processes I used to complete this fairy fantasy that I've named Dreams.



First we will create the background.  You will need these supplies:

Paper or canvas-I used papers from the January KOM, BasicGrey Serenade newsprint sheet-50 Pence
Molding paste
Palette Knife
Mix'd Media Inx-Mossy, Leather, Chiffon, Schoolhouse
Ink applicator or some sort, I use sponges
Water

I've done a video for you to show you how I created the background design of this project.

 
Alrighty then, now it's time to get creative.  I have to confess that once I got the background done I was clueless as to what to do next.  I  thought the background was so pretty, I just didn't want to cover it up with anything!  After several hours of starring at the background, I "consulted" with my fellow team members and creative advisors, Tammy and Shona who helped get my wheels spinning!
 
Techniques
 
Background:  Before adding anything to the background,  I used Martha Stewart's Cherish punch around the edges, then I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  I mounted that on a another sheet, BasiGrey Avalon.  Then I sprayed the entire page with Lindy's Glitz Spritz Blazing Sun.  I wanted the project to have lots of sparkle to convey the magical feel.
 
Butterflies:  First I painted them with white gesso so that the ink would take better and so that the color would show better.  Then I inked them with Mix'd Media Inx in Chiffon and touched the edges with Schoolhouse Inx.  Next I heat  embossed them with clear embossing powder and added  Kaisercraft rhinestones for their bodies.
 
Fairies:  The Dusty Attic Fairy chipboard piece was painted with Liquid Pearls in Bisque, her wings were then covered with glitter. To make her hair, I spread Glossy Accents and then sprinkled with gold microbeads and then added a few brown microbeads to give her hair more dimension.  I used a little pink and red Stickles on the rose she is holding.
 
 
The other fairies were fussy cut from G45 Once Upon a Springtime Collection and then I used Stickles to accent their colors.
 
 
Flowers:  I lightly brushed Schoolhouse Mix'd Media Inx on all the light pink flowers so that their coloring would resemble the background masked flowers.  Then I applied crystal Stickles around the edges.   I also applied crystal Stickles to the smaller dark pink Bazzill flowers.
 
Leaves:  First I applied mossy Mix'd Media Inx to leaves so that their color would blend nicely with the stems on the background.  Then I dabbed on Lindy's in Gator Gumbo Olive and Cattail Copper Brown.
 
 
Supplies:
 
I used BasicGrey Serenade 50 Pence, Fabscraps Full Butterfly and Pink Paislee Portfolio letters, all from the January KOM
 
From my stash, much of which comes from the Flying Unicorn store:
 
Graphic 45 - Fairies cut from  Once Upon a Springtime collection
Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
Bo Bunny Blush Zinnia (currently out of stock, but other colors available)
Kaisercraft paper blooms Fairy Floss
Kaisercraft Rhinestones - wine
Lindy's Glitz Spritz Blazing Sun
Lindy's mist with dabber tops - Cattail Copper Brown, Gator Gumbo Olive
Stickles - Crystal, Tropical Tangerine, Cotton Candy, Tattered Rose, Peeled Paint
Glitter-I'm not sure what color this is, its like crystal Stickles
White gesso
netting
Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose die
Martha Stewart Cut Around the Page Cherish die
 
I  hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and will give it a try .  Leave me a link so I can see what you've done.

2 comments:

  1. Can one say Awesome enough times and still mean it!!! I have run out of adjectives so Awesome has to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this really is amazing and I have to try too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...