Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Ode to Spring Shadow Box and Birdhouse

 Ah Spring!  It's my favorite season, so when the May design team theme of birds, nests, and eggs was announced...well I just went kinda crazy! 

I used 3 different Eileen Hull by Sizzix dies to make this: large Shadowbox Frame, Birdhouse, and Phone stand.

I used Sizzix Cardstock Surfacez to construct the frame and then added design paper to the frame to give it some pizzazz.  The word, Spring, at the top is a Creative Embellishments piece and is heat embossed with Stampendouse Aged Green.



I used the Phone Stand as an easel on the back and it works really great.  The only modification you need to make to the Phone Stand is to leave off the piece that normally cradles the phone.




Now the fun part is the scene I constructed in the frame.  I built a birdhouse using Eileen's Birdhouse die.  The only modification I made is that when you put the roof on the birdhouse, instead of centering, place the roof such that the roof edge is flush with the back of the birdhouse.  That way when you place the birdhouse in the frame, it easily attaches to the frame with glue or tape.

I painted up a Creative Embellishments chipboard bird and added to the front of the birdhouse with dimensional foam.






Well, I know the nest should be inside the birdhouse 😊 but then you would not see it, so I tucked it in the flowers on the outside.




I have had so much fun using these Shadowbox Frames, there are so many fun things you can do with them!

Thanks for stopping by!  xoxo Maggi

Supplies


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...