Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2019

New Love Notes from Graphic 45

A New Collection to Love!

Oh my, Graphic 45 ha
s done it again as their new Love Notes Collection has me swooning! This collection encompasses my favorite colors to work with, reds, pink, black, and ivory.  Perfection on the page, seriously!! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, this collection is a no brainer, it's perfect for the day. But even better, it's not limited to Valentines, it's a great collection for scrapping musical memories, weddings, (the blacks in the collection lend themselves easily to a masculine vibe), well, I think I could just about scrap any occasion with this collection!



Beauty in the Box

January is always exciting as its when designers get called to make show samples. Consequently, we get to see and use new products before they are released to the general public.  Now those are some fun secrets to keep!

I love to alter boxes (I am a self-admitted box hoarder, I have an entire closet devoted to empty boxes!) so I decided to alter a  kraft Staples Regular Book Box.  I fussy cut some elements from the design paper and popped them up with dimensional foam and used Graphic 45's new Staples Rose Bouquet flowers to give my cover lots of dimension and wow power!  Those roses are swoon worthy and are the perfect accompaniment for these papers!


Every good box should contain a great surprise, right?  Well then, this box does not disappoint as it holds a custom made mini album that perfectly fits in the box.







The Mini Album
The base mini is made from chipboard and black cardstock and has 7 pages, each of which is a pocket page with a pull out insert.  That gives you lots of room for photos and journaling.   I kept the cover fairly simple and not too dimensional so that it would fit nicely in the book box.

I used a closure that wraps to the back of the mini and has hidden magnets to hold it closed.


I've recorded a video flip through of the mini and box so that you can see each page.




Tip: I find it much easier to complete each page of the mini before placing on the hinge in the mini.

Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic 45 Love Notes Collection 12 x 12
Graphic 45 Love Notes Solids and Patterns 12 x 12
Staples Regular Book Box - Kraft
Staples Regular Tag & Gears Die
Staples Rose Bouquet Collection—Triumphant Red
Staples Antique Brass Door Knockers
Staples Decades Ink - Triumphant Red

Other Supplies:
Chipboard
Black Cardstock
May Arts 7/8" Woven Ivory Checkered Ribbon


Thanks for popping by!



5 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...