I've been on a Graphic 45 binge for the last month and wow, has it ever been fun!! I so love the rich and vintage colors and images in the Graphic 45 collections.
I've been wishing and hoping for a vintage animal collection and Graphic 45 made that dream come true for me this year with their publication of Raining Cats and Dogs. I think it's fitting then, that I start my audition with some creations made with that collection.
1. A mayonnaise jar that I've altered as a treat jar for my furbabies! Link to tutorial.
2. A G45 tag album featuring my sweet standard poodles and their friends!
There's a pocket on this page to tuck in some tags and photos.
This page flips up to show two more pages. For Better or Worse is one of my favorite comic strips so I've shown that on the front of this page.
Yes, I am very silly when it comes to my dogs and on the right bottom is a pocket where I have copies of their adoption announcements.
There's a journal pocket on this page.
Chena's bff, Escape Kitty.
This page has a tiny mini tucked in behind the umbrella girl.
4. And though I love altering objects and making off the page projects, my favorite thing to do is create a layout with vintage photos. I love bringing the photo and paper together to share a favorite moment or story. Here I am at 3 years old with my first dog, a fox terrier.
5. About my love of layouts... Here are some of my favorites. First this one with Artisan Style which is such a gorgeous collection of colors and images. The moment I saw the front page I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap, our house in Alaska.
I love how the title is done on the title page and wanted to put my title in it's place so I scanned the paper so that the colors would be as close to perfect as I could get it and created my title in Photoshop, then I just cut it out and glued over the Artisan Style title.
I made all the flowers on this page using papers from the collection.
6. By the Sea - I love taking my photos and incorporating them into the design of the paper.
I popped the entire frame up on this layout. That really adds a nice layer of dimension.
I love these sea oats that I made with a Spellbinders die and micro beads.
7. Stepping in Style - I was thrilled when Graphic 45 started re-releasing some of their most cherished collections and was particularly thrilled to see Times Nouveau as I did not have that collection in my stash! This is an old photo of my parents and it is not in the best shape but still, I love it so much. They just look so happy together. How lucky I am! My parents are working on their 72nd year of marriage and they are still so happy.
8. School Days - ABC Primer, this is a school photo of my Mom taken around 1932. I thought it was just the perfect photo to use with these papers.
9. Create - I used Fashionista to create this inspirational piece that I did for my scraproom. There's alot of fussy cutting on this, G45 is so perfect for creating collages of fussy cut pieces.
10. Celebrate Today - This is a calendar journal created with Time to Flourish. It was a huge project as it has 54 pages counting fronts and backs. There are four pages for each month. I had so much fun making all the pages as it was somewhat like working with 12 different collections since each month has different color schemes and images. Here is a video tour of the entire book and I've placed a few photos below.
11. Happy Holidays - I used Twelve Days of Christmas to make this fun holiday dollhouse.
12. Happy Birthday - One of the things I love about Graphic 45 papers is that they always have such great cut aparts that work so well for making cards and tags. I made this card with Time to Celebrate. Link to Snapguide tutorial.
13. A Couture Dress - I like to challenge myself to make a dresses from paper.
This one I did with Couture and tried to capture the styles of the era pictured in the collection.
Thank you so much for viewing my audition. There are so many wonderful designers applying for the team and I wish each and every one of you the best of luck. I think it will be a tough task to just pick 25 semi-finalists.