Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

More creations with the Swirlydoos April KOM!

  I am so excited to share with you some of my creations with my first kit as a designer for Swirlydoos!

First up is a very special layout for me because it is a photo of me with my beautiful Chena who I miss so much.  Chena crossed over the bridge Sept 5, 2013 and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss her and think about her sweet soul.  Ah, but such is the nature of pet ownership, their time on our earth is much too short.  I have to thank my dear friend, Jen aka jrabs, for taking this beautiful photo of me and Chena conversing in our own special way.  AND I must note that my hair is not red, its just the beautiful late afternoon soon making it look that way.

Ok so let me tell you a little about this layout.  The base paper was a beautiful black/white sheet but I thought it would be fun to color it so I used Silks paint from my stash to paint the flowers and leaves.  Then I sprayed on a little of the Luminarte Radiant Rain Bashful Blue included in the mediums add-on kit. I also popped up the layers to give my layout more dimension.  All the flowers are from the kit and add-ons except for the silver flower and the tiny black and silver rolled roses which are handmade.

Oooh I really love the mediums add-on, that gorgeous turquoise embossing powder that I used on my chippies is Ranger Antiquities turquoise embossing powder.  LOVE this stuff!!!  And the silver paint on the chippy?  Yep, that's from the mediums add-on too!  The chippies are from my stash but all the other embellies are from the kit and add-ons or are handmade.  


I first painted this swirled chippy with Viva Precious Metal Color - silver (in the mediums add-on) and then painted on a little embossing ink, sprinkled with embossing powder and this is the effect.  I love this two toned effect!


Supplies - from the April kit and addons:
Cardstock: Core'dinations Bluebell
Patterned paper: Authentique Classique - Elegant collection: black dotted - Twelve, white floral print - Six, fussy cut header - Two
Embossing powder: Ranger Antiquities Turquoise
Flowers: Prima Vermont leaves black 553623, Prima Audrey Rose blue ice 546700, Prima Plume black 575526
Mist:  Luminarte Radiant Rain Bashful Blue
Ink: Prima turquoise stone
Paint: Viva Precious Metal silver
Other: Prima SIIC 573218

Other Supplies from my stash:
Chipboard: Leaky Shed Chipboard Live Love and Laugh 8072, Leaky Shed flourish
Diecuts and punches: Martha Stewart Swirling Lace, WRNK Lucky 8 Frilly Lace, McGill Floriano
Paint:  Silks african jade


I love love love the frame that came in the main kit this month!!  WOW, I just love the piece I made with this.  I decided to frame our wedding picture.  OMG that picture is nearly 22 years old.  It's hard to believe that it's been that long!

I pulled out one of my favorite products to do the frame, Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel to coat the wooden frame.   Then I thought that the only thing this needed was a simple floral cluster so I made the flowers using Authentique papers from the kit.  I diecut some vines using Memory Box's Caserta Bloom die and added a few pine sprigs (cut with a McGill's punch)  to my cluster.   I finished it off  with a couple crystals from the embellishment add-on.



Ok, this is the year of the card for me!  Card making has never been my "thing" but I decided that this is the year that Maggi masters card making!  So here is my effort.  I've used papers from the kit with the addition of a piece of Core'dinations cardstock.  I used a Spellbinders die to die cut the white frame.  That awesome resin telephone is included in the embellishment add-on.  The flowers are bits and pieces from my stash left over from assorted manufacturer's packages.


 Thanks so much for stopping by our blog today!!  Be sure and check out our kit subscriptions and available kits!


4 comments:

  1. You really made some beautiful pieces here Maggi :) Time does go by in a blink, but we fill it with with those we love so that we have so many wonderful memories to unpack like a suitcase when we need a boost. That's what makes this hobby even better! Our pics are brought to life with such loveliness.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one stunner of a card.... I think you've just gone through the card sound barrier! :) Love your other two projects as well! Simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've left you some lovin' on Facebook already for these fantastically gorgeous projects!!!!
    (BTW, see, you CAN do cards. Beautifully.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...