Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Flying Unicorn - May KOM - OTP project

The Flying Unicorn kits always include an Off the Page project and this month is one of my favorite things, a paperbag album (PBA).  These are so fun to make, hope you'll try one!! 

When I make PBA's I always chose a theme, then I do a search on the net for images and quotes to go with my theme.  The theme of this PBA is Fly and it features birds, butterflies and fairies.  Here's the cover.


I find that PBA's are easier to make if I chose a paper collection and use it throughout the album.  I used the Inkido 6 x 6 papers that came in the kit.  You can use any kind of adhesive that you like.  I like to use Uhu glue sticks, its inexpensive and whatever you put down stays put!  Since  PBA's don't have page protectors you have to take care that everything is securely adhered.  Another thing that I often do (but did not on this PBA) is paint the front and back covers with Glossy or Crackle Accents to add another layer of protection.
I got some of my images from Gecko Galz and some from a gaphics program that I have. 









Where your PBA has a flap from the bottom of the bag, you can make a place to tuck in some tags.  Below on the left is a flap; you can just see the brown edge of the flap.  I sew the flap across the top and bottom before I add any paper so that the flap is secure.


On the right, instead of making a cubby to tuck in tags, I cut the flap so that it would open out. The flap is open in the first picture and closed in the second.




On the right I used an acetate from from the May KOM.  I painted around the edges with Liquid Pearls.








 I hope I've inspired you to make a PBA, they are so fun and they make great gifts for anyone that has an appreciation for handmade gifts.  My bff loves the artist Salvador Dali so I made her a PBA featuring the works of Dali, she LOVED it!

Here are a couple other projects I did using the May KOM . The first LO features Melissa Frances papers and the 2nd is Bo Bunny Serenity. I really love the pink flowers, they are from Manor House Creations.



This is me at the tender age of 6 showing off my kimono that my Dad sent when he was stationed in Korea.  We moved to Japan the next year and lived there for 2 1/2 years.  Bo Bunny Serenity papers and the large flwoer is a misted Manor House Creations.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful album! And gorgeous layouts. I love how you did the kimono layout...the Japanese theme has been done so elegantly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...