Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Flying Unicorn Week 4 Fashion Extravaganza!

We have been having a blast this month at the Flying Unicorn Forum!!  We've been doing haute couture this month and having a blast with it.  This week I'm hosting the final challenge week and anything goes this week.  The challenge is to create any clothing item 3-D or flat, anything goes!  In particular, I'd love to see matching ensembles.

Here's my inspiration, I had sooooo much fun with this!  meet Steampunk Betty!  I used G45 Steampunk papers, the skirt is gathered satin ribbon, black felt for the corset and tulle for the over skirt.






I made a trunk purse to go with  this using paper from G45 Romantique and Steampunk, Prima metal flowers, Timmy Holtz keyhole, Dusty Attic key and Alterations diecut gears heat embossed with aged silver embossing powder.  I wrapped the corners with felt and used brads to give it an upholstered look.




I loved making this top hat!  First I wrapped the crown in tulle to give it an old world look, then I added the flamboyant feathers and lots of flowers: felt, metal and paper and stickpins of course!! Most of the flowers came from the March kit and were just perfect for this hat.





I hope you'll design something to share with us at the Flying Unicorn, the challenge goes until 8 pm, March 31st, there is a great RAK to be won. 








2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Maggi! You could have been a great seamtress, these are quite remarkable. Great eye for details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAGGI you lil rock star you! this is off the charts gorgeousness!!!!!! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...