Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Sketches Creatively Yours - What will you be?

And here's another great sketch at Sketches:  Creatively Yours.  We have a guest Sketch Artist over at the Sketches: Creatively Yours Blog this month!  Her name is Charlotte AKA Suepup and she creates beautiful Sketches! This is a wonderful sketch  and could be used with so many photos!  Why don't you give it a try?  and be sure to leave us a  link at the S:CY blog so we can admire your work.



Here's my interpretation of the sketch.  I also did this layout for two challenges at Flying Unicorn.  The first challenge is hosted by my good friend Denise and is an "Out of the Box" challenge to use a photo in a different way.  I chose to add a mosaic tile effect to my photo to signify the varying components of our personalities that eventually combine to make us the adults that we turn out to be.  I was 19 or 20 when this photo was taken and very much conflicted about what I wanted to be "when I grow up".  I used older papers from Graphic 45, Fashionista, Domestic Goddess and Curtain Call.  Oh do I ever love these papers!!  They are my colors, reds, blacks, ivories.  You may have noticed a recurring theme of red in my LOs!!  I used some Magical Micas from Lindy's stamp gang to color the gown of the fussy cut lady.  Those vines are Petaloo and I wish I had a couple dozen paks of them!!

The other challenge was to used polka dots and I've got that covered with the dotted base paper and the red dotted doily cutout.




 Thanks for stopping by, I love reading you comments and thank you so much for leaving them.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and has a chance to scrap.  No scrapping for me this w/e, company coming to spend Saturday night with us.  AND you know what that means?  Time to clean house, YUCK!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and stunning like always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the way you did the photo, it so fits with the title.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...