I don't like to let a single scrap of my gorgeous Fabscraps paper go to waste and so I save all my scraps and use them to make tags and cards. This tag was made completely from left over scraps from Fabscraps new collection, Elegant Chic, and a scrap of white cardstock!
For this project you will need:
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic C71 collection: 001 Pink Elegance, 004 White Lace, 005 Shabby Flowers, 007 Fleur,
- Fabscraps ST71 001 and 002
- Fabscraps DC071 009 Frame
- White cardstock
- Embossing enamel
- Distress ink Victorian Velvet
- Flowers, ribbon, cameo, etc. of your choice
- Border and corner punches
- Cut a tag 3.5 x 8.5" from white cardstock. Ink around the edges of the tag with Victorian Velvet or color of your choice.
- Cut a rectangle 3.25 x 7.25" from 001 Pink Elegance. Border punch across the bottom. Ink the edges.
- Cut a 4.5" circle from 005 Shabby Flowers and use a corner punch to punch around the circle creating a doily effect (You could also use a doily instead.) Ink the edges.
- Take the large corner sticker (triangle shaped) from ST71 001 and stick onto white cardstock and then fussy cut the sticker.
- Border punch two strips 6.75" long and about .75" wide. Glue these under the rectangle in step 2 so that the strips are peeking out from under the rectangle.
- Glue the rectangle with the border strips from the previous step onto the cardstock tag just up from the bottom of the tag.
- Now take the fussy cut sticker from step 4 and adhere to the top of the tag.
- Adhere the circle from step 3 about .75" from the bottom of the tag.
- Pop out the center piece from the Fabscraps 009 Frame. Place the centerpiece on 004 White Lace and trace around it, then cut it out and glue the paper to the chipboard piece. Add a Happy Birthday sentiment from ST71 002 sticker sheet.
- Heat emboss the frame with embossing enamel. I used Stampendous Shabby Pink.
- Arrange and glue the frame over the circle. Then add the center chipboard piece popping it up with pop dots or foam squares.
- Embellish by adding a cameo to the center of the corner sticker that you placed at the top of the tag.
- Add a ribbon at the top and embellish with flowers as you wish.