Now then, I call this a CAS layout, i.e. clean and simple, because it is just that. I've used a few simple layers to put this together; start to finish, it took me 45 minutes plus another 30 to make the flowers. The photo is still the star of the show, as it should be, and the flowers and ribbon keep it from being overly plain. This is my brand of CAS!
For This Project You Will Need:
Fabscraps C80 #Teens Collection:
· 002 Zero Tasking - 2 sheets
· 005 Type T - 1 sheet
· 006 Togethering - 1 sheet
· Black cardstock - 1 sheet
· Embellishments: flowers, leaves, letters, etc.
- Cut the center out of the black cardstock leaving a 1" frame all around.
- Border punch 002 Zero Tasking all around the paper. If you don't have border punches, you can trim the paper to 11.5 x 11.5".
- Cut a rectangle about 5.5 x 5.75" from the center of the page in step 2. Set aside for now, we'll use it later for as another layer.
- Layer 002 Zero Tasking from step 2 over the black cardstock frame.
- Cut a piece 8.75 x 8.5" from 002 Zero Tasking. Layer this over the paper from step 4, placing the opposite side of the paper face up, about 1.5" from the left side and 1.75" from the top.
- Cut a strip 2 5/8 x 12" from 006 Togethering. Adhere a ribbon on the center of the strip, layering this in the center of the page as shown.
- Now layer on the small rectangle from step 3.
- Mat your photo onto black cardstock and add your photo to the layout as shown.
- Add a title over the photo.
- Embellish with flowers, leaves etc. I handmade the striped flowers from 005 Type T with a McGill Floriano punch.
Thanks for stopping by today!