Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

G45 Stock the Pantry shower idea



The wedding season is coming up and if you are hosting an event for the bride-to-be, here's a fun idea. Host a Stock the Pantry shower and ask your guests to bring things for the pantry and kitchen.  Include a blank recipe card with the invitations so that your guests can bring their favorite recipe for the new bride.  For my Stock the Pantry shower, I have a party set that includes a banner, a recipe box and invitations.




To make the recipe box, I first covered it with our DIY craft paper.  That's such great paper for these kind of projects.  






















Then I added decorative paper layers and borders from my hoarded French Country stash.  (You know that was hard to do 'cause I just don't ever want to see the end of that collection!)

The banner is made with red ATC Alpha tags.  I backed the tags with scraps from French Country and added some small cut-aparts,  as well as a couple of mason jar die-cuts decorated with my favorite French Country border, the rooster and chickens.




























For the invitations, I die-cut some mason jars and adhered them, just at the top, to 3.25" x 5" rectangles of design paper. Then I punched two holes and tied a cute little bow around the neck of the jar. The jar lifts up to reveal the details of the party.

Decorating tips: Use painted mason jars in different sizes filled with wildflowers as a centerpiece. Delight your guests with a really great jam as a party favor; even better gift small jars of homemade jam. Pinterest has so many great ideas for mason jars, be sure to peruse all those ideas.

Graphic 45 Supplies
Graphic 45 French Country Collection:
12 x 12 paper pad
8 x 8 paper pad
Tags and Banner
Staples Alpha Banner ATC red
Staples Ornate Metal Label Holder
Staples DIY Craft Paper-Number & Stripe

Other Supplies:
3/8" and 5/8" black gingham ribbon
Petaloo Darjeeling Dahlias - teastained yellow
Petaloo Darjeeling Mini Mix - teastained spice
Petaloo Burlap Small Sunflowers - yellow
Petaloo Burlap Mini Daisies - antique red
Petaloo canvas daisies
Red jute twine
American Crafts banner punch
Art-C® Stamp & Die Cut Set, Mason Jar 
Sizzix Mason Jar die and embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...