Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

Cheery Lynn Designs and Distress Oxide Inks.


Hi there Cheery Lynn fans!  I have a spring treat for you today.  After those awful storms that roared through parts of the US, we need some spring!  My project today is a large (6.5" x 12") thickboard Etcetera tag.  Let me tell you, I had more fun with this project than anything I've done in a long time!

I wanted to showcase some of the pretty flowers you can make with Cherry Lynn dies AND I wanted to play with my new Distress Oxide inks and Alchemy Metallique Wax.  This is the result!  I started out with a stencil and white masking paste to create the textured quadrefoil design you see.  After that completely dried, I started playing around with the Oxides.  To achieve the effect you see here I used little finger tip sponges and sponged on different colors of ink and then I lightly misted the ink enough so the oxidation process was initiated but light enough so that the colors did not pool.  After that was dry, I applied aged brass wax all around the sides of the tag as well as random swipes over the tag.
The piece in the center is metal and came from a tin bucket that I altered a while ago.  I knew I'd use it sometime!  I've used two Cheery Lynn die-cuts underneath the center piece.  On the bottom is a Horizon Coved Rectangle Boutique Stacker Frame and on top of that is a Celtic Oval Boutique Stacker Frames.  I used some Stampendous aged teal embossing powder around the edges of the oval die-cut.
I inked all the flowers and leaves with Oxide Ink to get that soft faded look.  For the blue flowers and leaves, I used an ink color that was similar to the color of the cardstock.  for the orangish flowers, I started with yellow cardstock and applied both fossilized amber and spiced marmalade inks,. again only lightly misting.  The orange flowers are made with the Sweet Williams Dies and the blue, with the Floral Bouquet Kit 8 Piece Die Set.

I used Flourish #14 2 Piece Die Set and Flourish #4 Die  to diecut the leaves and greenery.  

This large flower was made with the Stacker Flower 5 Die  and I used the  Small- Heart Lollipop Fringe Cutie Die to make the flower's center.  I painted and ink a tiny canvas and mounted it and the flower onto the tag.

Instead of a traditional bow at the top, I opted to use a piece that I molded using air dry clay and a Baroque mold.  After it dried, I applied Alchemy Metallique aged brass wax as a coloring agent.  The small piece at the bottom near the largest flower was made the same way.

Cheery Lynn Designs dies used:


Other Supplies:
Tim Holtz Etcetera medium tag
Distress Oxide Ink
Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Aged Brass Wax
Prima IOD Baroque 3 mold
Air Dry Clay
Stampendous Aged Teal embossing enamel
Yellow, green, blue cardstock
3" square canvas
Prima Art Alchemy Opal Magic Violet Gold acrylic paint

2 comments:

  1. A stunning tag Maggi! The colours you achieved are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is just beautiful! The flowers and colors are stunning together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...