Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Creative Embellishments canvas with G45 Vintage Hollywood



I love this photo of my husband driving his 48 Ford convertible just after he got the engine up and running.  I thought that Graphic 45's new collection, Vintage Hollywood, would work in a great fun way with this photo, and I love how it came out.

To begin the canvas, I tore some strips of design paper and glued to the canvas.  Then I used black modeling paste to stencil on some grungy spots.  They look kinda  like grease spots, perfect!  After that dried I misted with Lindy's in different colors and added some orange paint splotches.

Recently, Nicolle added these really fun Washi Tape Clusters to the Creative Embellishments store and I am just nuts about them.  I painted the stars with gold paint and lightly stained the "washi tape" with brown mist.

I used pieces from the Car Part Set, they're perfect for this canvas.  I colored them with gold mist so that the etchings in the chipboard would remain visible.



I created lots of dimension by popping up various elements of my design with foam tape and cardboard.  The fun florals are fussy cuts from the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood design paper.


There is a Infinite Circle Frame hiding under the car, it's painted black and is peeking out here and there.


Other Supplies:
Graphic 45 Vintage Holly design paper
Studio 490 Embossing Paste
Prima Junkyard Findings key

Be sure to stop by the store and see what Nicolle's been creating, she is always adding new designs.  And don't forget our monthly challenge, you could win a $50 gift certificate.  Details on the challenge can be found in the first post on the blog every month.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...