Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

A layout with Cheery Lynn dies!

OK, major excitement for me, I was asked to be a guest designer for Cheery Lynn dies and WOW, do I ever love these dies, they are so fabulous.  I love how the paper so easily releases from the dies and that you can cut through two layers of cardstock with the dies.  I am a layouts and tags kinda gal with the occasional off the page project and card thrown into the mix, so today I want to share a layout with you that also goes along with the Cheery Lynn's September 1 challenge theme to use lace.  I love using lace and ribbons on my layouts so I used a pretty heart lace all around my photo.

I used the Victorian Romance Flourish in each of the 4 corners to set the base for my floral clusters.  Then I added Flourish # 7 -CAFLRS7.  To make those flourishes extra pretty, I inked them around the edges.  Inking creates depth and I love layers, depth and dimension.

I have to have layers under my photos so I used the Horizon Coved Rectangle Boutique Stacker - DL 251 to cut a large and medium mat for my photo.

I am totally a flowers kinda gal and I am totally crazy about the Cheery Lynn flower dies!  I used the Black Eyed Susan Strip die B338 to create the pointed petal flowers and the Floral Bouquet Kit B777.  

 I especially love the black eyed susan center, it's so easy to make and looks so fabulous!  I inked the edges of my flowers, shaped the petals with a large ball stylus and they layered them up.

Now flowers need some leaves around them to make them look realistic so I diecut leaves and berries with the Floral Bouquet Kit (B777).  That kit is so versatile because you get two sizes of flowers plus pretty stems, leaves, and berries!  I also added some Lindy's mist to the petals so that the color would be mottled and more realistic.

For these flowers, I used both the small and large flower in the Floral Bouquet Kit (B777).  The center is made up of 3 small flowers.  To make the small flower and the center of the large flower, I just pinched the petals together and gave them a nice scrunch.


Cheery Lynn Dies Used:
CAFLRS-7 - Flourish 7

Other Supplies:
Prima Royal Menagerie Collection
Lindy's Mists


Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate it!  Hope all's well in your world.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Love those Cherry Lynn dies. They are so inspiring as is your work.
    Hugs ~~ Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...