Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Voyage Beneath the Sea Shadowbox

I needed somewhere to display the way cool Graphic 45 button that I got on the first ever Graphic 45/Craftours cruise, so I thought a Graphic 45 shadow box would be perfect for my button and as a reminder of my great vacation!  I love how this turned out, it's my reminder of island paradise!




Graphic 45's shadow boxes come with two pieces of acrylic backing which made the perfect media for me to create my sea.  I used Ranger alcohol inks in blues and greens to swipe color onto one of the acrylic backs.  After that dried, I placed the acrylic in the shadow box frame.  Next I adhered the fussy cut mermaid to the side of the shadowbox and acrylic so that she would not slip down.  Then I added the 2nd piece of acrylic and the mermaid is nicely sandwiched between the pieces and I've created the look of water in my shadowbox.  It looks really great sitting in front of a window where light can shine through the inks.






I used foam tape to attach the man riding the fish to the back of the window so that it appears the fish is swimming in the sea.  Then as a momento, I put some sand from some of the beaches we visited in my vials.  Thank you Patti and Sarah for that!


For a finishing touch, I added pretty Petaloo blooms and fussy cut pieces from the collection.

Supplies-
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea Collection 12 x 12:
Voyage Beneath the Sea
Neptune's Adventure
Steampunk Splash
Decorative Chipboard
Stickers
6 x 6 Patterns & Solids
Staples Window Shadow Box - Ivory
Staples Claw Feet
Graphic 45 Cruise Button

Other:
Petaloo Botanica Blooms x 4 Teal
Petaloo Botanica Petite's x 11 Teal
Petaloo chantilly Mixed Blooms x 6 Blue/Green
Petaloo Mixed Textured Blossoms x 4 Moss Green
Art-C glass vials
Creative Embellishments Gears
Sand from San Juan, Labadee, and St. Maarten :-)
Viva Stone Art
Shells from Michaels
Ranger Alcohol Inks:  Meadow, Oregano, Stonewashed, and Stream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...