Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Petaloo flowers and Mother's Day cards.

Hi Petaloo friends!  Maggi here with a couple of Mother's Day cards for you.   Whenever I make something for my Mother I am reminded of being a small child and how she always proudly displayed my things.  Now, I am really amused that it makes me so happy  that she still displays the things I make her all around the house, just as she did when I was a child.  My Mom is the best and I'm so lucky that she is still going strong at 94!

I made this first card with flowers from our burlap collection and  Authentique's Utopia collection.   Love how these bright pink blooms go so well with the papers.

I nestled a cord bow from our Fancy Trims line underneath my flowers.  I think it adds a
 nice festive touch!

Here you can see the "step" in the card.  These are my favorite cards to make 'cause I love how the stand up so nicely.  Here's a link to a template for this card, if you'd like to make one yourself.   




Petaloo Supplies:

Bundle 6 x 6 paper pad
Rejuvenate 12 x 12 paper

Other supplies:
Ivory cardstock
***


I made this card from Graphic 45's Children's Hour collection and dressed it up with Petaloo burlap and velvet blooms..  The Mom is this image sure has a lap full of kids!  Reminds me of both my grandmothers as they had 7 and 8 children.  I can't imagine, LOL!!


I like to nestle hydrangeas underneath larger blooms. They are great for filling in tiny spaces.

Petaloo Supplies:

Ephemera Card 4501259
May Collective 4501230
Patterns and Solids Paper Pad 6 x 6

Here's a pretty tag to put on that special present for Mom.  I combined Botanica blooms, dogwoods and some fussy cut elements from Graphic 45's Time to Flourish collection to make this tag.  The wide strip of pink burlap is from Petaloo's Fancy Trims that come in oh so many fun colors.  Be sure to see all the colors.




Petaloo Supplies:

Other Supplies:
March Flourish 
May Cut Apart 
Stickers

Prima Tag
RRR pink ribbon
Beaded trim from Hobby Lobby


Thanks so much for visiting today and a very special thanks to all the Moms in the world.  Your job is so often a thankless task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...