Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

October challenge at Creative Embellishments





Are you scared yet?? LOL! This is the inspiration photo for the October inspiration challenge. Do stop by the Creative Embellishments blog and see the spooky projects that the design team has done to inspire you!

I was inspired by the creepy Halloween photo itself and decided to make a scene on canvas,  I'm thinking this ghoulish fellow fellow would be right at home on my canvas! I used lots of mists, chipboard pieces, and a metal fence for the twist. I used pieces from the Halloween Scene Set 1 and Halloween Scene 2 for the houses, pumpkins, title, graveyard, and bats. I also used pieces from Creepy Trees, Owl on a Branch, Seagrass, and Halloween Witches.

 The houses and are just misted with black mist and then I added a little walnut stain to them and put dark gray cardstock behind the windows.  I cut the cats from black cardstock on my Silhouette and then covered with Ranger Glossy Accents. 

And finally for the twist, I used a metal fence and painted it with a Ranger silver paint dabber as well as a few dabs of espresso and copper. Then I rubbed some black ink over it to dull the silver color a bit.

 The trees were embossed with Ranger Distress embossing powder in Walnut Stain. The owl and bats are embossed with Stampendous aged black embossing enamel. 

I used Stampendous Spice Aged Embossing Enamel on the title and pumpkins and then hit them with a touch of orange ink for good measure!



I used Ranger Antiquities cement embossing powder on the tombstones.

I used fine detail black embossing powder on the witch's dress and Lindy's Midnight Gold embossing powder on her hat. Of course, I painted her face green 'cause in my mind all wicked witches have ugly green faces!  I glued on some jute twine for her broom.

Our challenges run all month and there is a $50 gift certificate up for grabs for the challenge winner.  How awesome is that?  Our challenge is awarded by random selection so everyone has a fair chance of winning.  You can do any kind of project you like, you just need to use at least one Creative Embellishments product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...