Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

A vintage LO with Graphic 45 Communique


I was digging around one day looking for something new to scrap and remembered that my sister -in-law had given my husband a disc with some photos scanned onto it.  Although, we've had this disc for several years, we'd never looked at it.  Oh my goodness, I found some real treasures on that disc!

This photo was the one that excited me the most.  It is my husband's grandfather, a doughboy, as the WW I soldiers were often called.  He was preparing to go to France.  The acompanying post card was one that he sent to his future bride.  It is very telling of the times in that the address is simply her name and the town she lived in.  The post card is dated July 29, 1919 so he must have sent it after he returned home from France.  I made a journal pocket behind the photo and tucked in a copy of a newspaper article that tells of his Company A preparing to go to Camp Cody and then on to France.

I've used Graphic 45's Communique collection for this.  It is an older collection, but one that I really love.  It works well for more masculine layouts and I love the black, ivory and red of these papers.


The two corner pieces are Creative Embellishments chipboard and are covered with Stampendous aged gold embossing enamel.







Thanks for stopping by and visiting!  I appreciate it so much!

1 comment:

  1. What a precious photo and memory to preserve! Really love your vintage layout too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...