Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Raining Cats and Dogs!! Another furbaby layout!

There are two things near and dear to my heart, Graphic 45 paper and my furbabies.  So imagine how over the moon excited I was when Graphic 45 came out with their Raining Cats and Dogs paper collection.  And as an extra bonus, these papers have lots of gorgeous red color in them and what is my favorite color?  Red, of course!!

I'm hosting a journaling challenge at Swirlydoos Kit Club this month.  A couple weeks ago on the forums we were discussing how we felt that some of the reasons for scrapbooking had gotten lost in the art quest side of scrapbooking.  We all thought it would be nice to get back to basics, so I created this challenge to help kick start us in that direction!  This challenge is open to anyone and you may use whatever supplies you like, so come join in the fun!!  There will be a fun RAK for two winners.

There's nothing I love more than showing off my spoos and telling their silly stories.  I have a book full of stories in my head about all my furbabies.  Over the years they have been my TV!  In the evenings, I just like to watch the dogs play rather than watch TV,  They're much more entertaining and I don't need canned laughter!


Journaling reads:

Silly Poodles!

When Tisha was a puppy, she was crated in my office whenever we were away. The rest of the time the door was open and Tisha usually would go there to take frequent naps throughout the day. Well, one day Noodle (she's really Nika but we call her Noodle cause she's all Noodley!) decided to nap in the crate. So Tisha gives the situation the eye and no problem, she just barrels into the crate and kinda pushes Noodle over a bit and curls up beside her. From that day forward, the two of them always curled up in the crate together.


I've made a couple of my flowers from Graphic 45's diecut flowers by curling the petals and layering them.  The other flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts chrysanthemums and carnations that come from their mixed peach and orange sets, they go perfectly with this paper!





If you are not a Swirlydoos Kit Club subscriber, please consider it so that you never miss any of our beautifully coordinated kits. Please visit Swirlydoos Kit Club and click on Join Our Club on the left side bar. Be sure to mention my name, Maggi, when you subscribe because you will receive a 10% discount on your first kit AND a coupon for 30% off an entire purchase in the Swirlydoos store. Your Swirlydoos store purchases are always shipped free when shipped along with your monthly kit.  Swirlydoos also maintains a Forum where everyone can share their work, tell stories and have a ton of fun!  We have monthly challenges too so please come and join us!

2 comments:

  1. awe so rich and beautiful and the Spoos look fab here with the red backdrop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page Maggi. Just gorgeous. And getting back to scrappy roots is fantastic!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...